Large Scale Central

Smartphone Incompatibility And Photo Posting Problems

Hi,

I have become very frustrated with the problems I am encountering on this site with posting photos in my albums, new posts and replies. Even after deleting photos I am unable to repost the original photos or add new ones. When I try to touch add/choose photos on my album page it fails to show everything on the page except the choose photos button which takes me to my gallery. However when I choose the photos to be added and click save, it takes me to my edit page, but there is no new photo, just the same amount of photos every time.

If I start a new album it stays empty no matter how many new photos you add.

On new posts or replies it does the same thing even if the photos are resized.

I now have a new problem. When I use the contact page for this website and put all required information in and press send message, this is what I get. So I can’t even contact site administrators.

• Email Address
    • Please enter a valid email address
    • 'gmail.com ’ appears to be a DNS hostname but cannot match TLD against known list
    • 'gmail.com ’ does not appear to be a valid local network name

Name

Email Address

Keep in mind my email address is [email protected]
So why is it telling me it’s invalid???
I really need a lot of help here and I need to know if smartphones are simply not compatable on this site. I have a Samsung, Galexy S5 and have never had an issue anywhere else.
Another problem is when choose to edit a sentence or phrase I try to put the cursor on a certain spot in the sentence and a white box comes up on the screen and blocks everything out so I don’t know where my cursor is any longer, at least until I exit that.
I also get double posts and other small problems. I have called my cell phone provider, reset the browser, eliminating cookies, deleted information, reloaded, and reset the whole phone.
Would appreciate any help!
Enjoy using this site, if I can get it to work.
Thanks, Ken

Can you install a different browser such as Firefox or Safari? (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

Looking at the error logs, it looks like you’re bumping up against your file limit. Im going to look into this today.

exception with message 'File creation failed. You may be over your upload limit. Try uploading a smaller file, or delete some files to free up space.

Digging a bit more, you are over your storage quota. Default accounts get 50 meg of files. Your files are allocated so:

134,374 user

11,316,341 album_photo

11,219,063 forum_post

29,754,496 forum_attach

‘user’ is your avatar

‘album_photo’ are photos in your photo albums

‘forum_attach’ and ‘forum_post’ are photos attached to forum posts

Hi Bob,
Hope everything is going well.
I’m under the assumption that nothing can be done about this as far as having extra space. I guess I used too much with photos of our program and for that I apologize. I am just not to computer literate I guess.
I’ll sure take any suggestions you may have and thanks for allowing us usage of your site. I just hope that a lot of families see it here and further their interest in the Large Scale hobby.
Appreciate any advice.
Oh and maybe you could tell me why it’s not recognizing my email address??? If you know.
Thanks, Ken

Joe, by the way, I’ll see if Firefox will work on this device, Thanks!

Yes, FireFox works best on your Samsung device, have had 5 of them over the years. If you have issues with FF, try the FireFox Beta version, a bit more up to date. If all else fails use Dolphin.

Of course this is not your issue, your issue is space. Did you read any of the posts by Bob on the new features of the site, and subscription levels?

That might give you some solutions…

Greg

I always use Safari although I use Firefox sometimes.

Bob McCown said:

Digging a bit more, you are over your storage quota. Default accounts get 50 meg of files. Your files are allocated so:

134,374 user

11,316,341 album_photo

11,219,063 forum_post

29,754,496 forum_attach

‘user’ is your avatar

‘album_photo’ are photos in your photo albums

‘forum_attach’ and ‘forum_post’ are photos attached to forum posts

Bob is there any way for me to look up my own usage?

Thanks Richard

Not yourself, no. I should put this on your info page or somewhere… Hrm…

I thought your Freight Shed already stated (upper left)how much you use and how much you get? (just not a break down like you listed)

It’s ok, I should have checked this stuff out more so I would have been better informed. We’ll have to delete some things, I guess and try Firefox or the other browsers mentioned if that one doesn’t suffice. I appreciate all your help but at least now we know what is happening.
We will sure give these things a try!
Ken

Ken,

I hope it works out for you. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Doug Arnold said:

I always use Safari although I use Firefox sometimes.

Ok, uh, huh?

Um cornfused…

Thanks Joe!
David, yea, I’m always confused. It’s a miracle I’ve made it this far.
Ken