Large Scale Central

Mighty Trains - Smithsonian Channel

Starting tonight on the Smithsonian Channel, at 8 pm, CST, is a program called ““Mighty Trains””…

For anyone’s info.

A sneak peak at “The Mighty Trains”

Watched it last night , I thought it was pretty good, on the Canadian streamliner that runsVancouver to Toronto. Next Sunday will be the Shinkasen Japanese bullet train

Good show if like train stuff.

Dave M.

I did like the show. Has anyone here traveled on the Canadian? We are thinking about it for next year. Question is this, which is best for seeing the most scenery? Toronto to Vancouver or Vancouver to Toronto?

My cousin just did the Toronto - Vancouver last week. I hope to see her soon and get all the details.

while watching the show, My wife came up with a great idea, Book the ride during a full moon, so if no clouds, even at night you should be able to see some sights

“…Toronto to Vancouver or Vancouver to Toronto? …”

There is always someone around here, ‘answering this’ indirectly ! During daylight or night, travel thru the mountains !

And of course at the moment i can’t remember which way is preferred by the majority. LOL

Maybe chk the reviews…

doug c

p.s. but then some peoples think the prairies are so flat too. they should riding a bicycle across to experience how “flat” the prairies are -Not !

I wish we had that channel. Sounds like a good program to watch.

Watched the latest show on Norways Fish Train, interesting how they use the containers and piggyback trailers compared to how we do it. Also 1 engineer only on board the locomotive, no fireman/conductor. Several Women engineers. Also computerized real time tracking of all the individual refer trailers, so they know if a refer unit gos out, or is not cooling properly they can stop the train and repair it . This train is used to quickly move fish from docks to distribution centers for world wide delivery within 48hrs of being caught