Large Scale Central

Another Bachmann Spectrum 1:20.3 2-6-0

I’m having trouble selling this on Ebay, even though I’m setting the start price for what I paid for it at York last ECLSTS, from Star Hobby. But even at that nice deal, no one’s biting. Here’s the link, if you’re interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272821669297

Thanks for looking,

Cliff

Interesting that there’s no bid yet there are 10 watching. I guess that with “Time left: 16h 12m 58s” it is still 16 hours 12 minutes and 54 seconds too early for the bidding to begin.

Thanks I have a deal going with Joe… I like the color of the black one …

Thanks Ty

I can never understand why these locos, and other Bachmann Spectrum, seem to be so underrated. One of my favourites, and the favourite of non-enthusiasts that visit my line.

Got mine 10 years ago following a chance visit (driving by, familar shape and flourecent yellow sticker catch my peripheral vision, jam on brakes and reverse) to a small local UK shop getting out of “G” scale. Price, brand new in box RGS version…now would be $120 ! I was a very happy customer. Got a NIB Connie for the same price at the same time too. Exceedingly happy customer. I never seen my Visa debit card fly out my wallet so fast.

Cliff, you might check on the shipping costs shown. They seem pretty high to me. I haven’t sold any in a couple of years, but I remember shipping costs for the Bachmann Spectrum locos in the $25-$30 range, give or take a few dollars based on distance. I did shop around for the best rates.

Thanks David. I double checked, and the weights & dimensions are good. I have the 3 cheapest services Ebay offers, and the costs are auto-calculated. But if you have better ideas, please let me know!

Cliff