Large Scale Central

Our Little Mack!

Nothing fancy, just wanted to post some pics of the transformation of our recently acquired Hartland Locomotives Mack!

These are great running little locomotives, should get a lot of use either out on our railway or on our reversing test track in our basement.

Nice repaint, Vincent… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Cute lil" bugger…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

+2 on the repaint, turned out nice.

I have 2 of these, in black, sitting in their original boxes, in my garage. Got them from Robbie 4 or 5 yrs ago, not sure how I want to use them yet.

i like it

Dennis

Nice!

Yo, Vinnie!

Good job!

Nice pics.

I’ve never tried puling anything with my Mack.

How does yours pull?

Do you have a similar story for #7 I see over the roof of this #3?

Don Howard said:

Nice pics.

How does yours pull?

Do you have a similar story for #7 I see over the roof of this #3?

The Mack pulls okay for its size.

It will mainly be used on a 25’ auto reversing track we have outside on our railway, it is basically flat and it will pull/push two standard size LGB/USAT box cars with no issues. I am sure it will probably pull 3 to 4 of mine as they all have metal wheels.

No story on the #7 LGB Porter, I bought it new back in 06/07? and I originally used the Sumpter Valley Ry logo they had included in the box.

But this past winter I decided to put our WSR logo on the side panels instead, its a great running little loco also.

That looks great, Vincent… Well done…

Don…

Just a note to how they pull… I have a 'bashed Mack pulling a string of HLW kit cars full of candy that we run at Christmas time… Not to derail the thread but here’s a YouTube video of it. It’s controlled by an HO Revolution Sound receiver…

Stan Cedarleaf said:

That looks great, Vincent… Well done…

Don…

Just a note to how they pull… I have a 'bashed Mack pulling a string of HLW kit cars full of candy that we run at Christmas time… Not to derail the thread but here’s a YouTube video of it. It’s controlled by an HO Revolution Sound receiver…

Thats neat idea, Stan. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Don Howard said:

How does yours pull?

Though I’m not directly the person you were asking, my Macks, and their electric cousin Sparky, will happily pull 4 Bachmann Big Hauler reefers and a caboose on level ground - I don’t have a track with a grade. The Mack motor block is smooth running, brutally simple, sturdy, and reliable.

Don Howard,
We had the Mack out on the railway today.
Did I fine job pulling (4) LGB ore cars & (2) LGB log cars.

Don Howard,
We had the Mack out on the railway today.
Did a fine job pulling (4) LGB ore cars & (2) LGB log cars.

That makes a good looking scene, nice and railroady.

Vincent D’Agostino said:
Don Howard, We had the Mack out on the railway today. Did a fine job pulling (4) LGB ore cars & (2) LGB log cars.

Nicely done.

I need someone in Northern Vermont to root out my overgrown with grass layout:-(

I like my little Mack. Has anyone put Kadee couplers on one?

Doug , I shortened a set of Kadee 830’s and mounted them to my Mac. Here’s a couple of (sorry) real tiny photo’s.

Thank you. That will encourage me to get some on mine.

The only cars mine currently pulls are HLW mine cars and I would like to put it to work switching the “big guys.”

On my Hartland Mack loco kitbash I used Kadee #779 couplers and they work fine.

Chuck