Large Scale Central

Just Playin

Test

TEST

STILL TESTING

Testy

t

Well it worked Vinny so now what?

Just figuring out how I am going to post pictures to this site in the future.
It works, just not happy about the sizing.
Not a fan of just posting the thumbnail (even though it looks good once enlarged) Just feel those pics don’t get looked at as much as ones that are posted larger.

Vincent D’Agostino said:
Just feel those pics don’t get looked at as much as ones that are posted larger.

I agree !

Vincent D’Agostino said:
Just figuring out how I am going to post pictures to this site in the future. It works, just not happy about the sizing. Not a fan of just posting the thumbnail (even though it looks good once enlarged) Just feel those pics don’t get looked at as much as ones that are posted larger.

If you take advantage of the free Freight Shed given with membership (recently doubled by making a new shed) you can post 800 pixel wide pics. Simply size and upload to the FS [click on Freight Shed in the header, then ‘Manage my folders’ which is where you open and name your picture files for posting in threads.] A nice feature is clicking on FS opens a new tab, which eases posting multiple pics… Open the pic in the freight shed and with Firefox I right click on the opened pic and ‘copy pic location’, I go to the other tab where the post is and enter the copy with a paste in the pic icon (box with a mountain and moon), click ok and big and bold photos appear. Click Enter on your keyboard to move the cursor to below the pic for the next one.

You can upload more than one at a time, see the list below the browse button. Then use the Upload button… (I’m reciting this from memory, such as it is… )

Other OS have different nomenclature, but mean the same when copying the location to insert in the icon pop up box. Bob sez there are keys for Macs…

Some folks use the editor in the shed to size, but I think that wastes space. I use a free FastStone pic viewer to edit my pics on my laptop.

You’ve already found out the cost of using the Attach Photo short cut.

I hope this helps.

John

As you guys know I have a pretty large web site, lots of pictures.

I have gone around and around with picture sizing… too small not interesting, can’t see the details.

Too large and people complain, and many people are older and have REALLY low resolution on their screens.

A thumbnail that must be clicked is often bypassed.

It’s a hard decision to make, and I can GUARANTEE you that you cannot make everyone happy.

So, my “standard” resolution on my site is 800 x 600… so people who have poor eyesight and have “magnified” their screens, or have older computers are not disadvantaged.

Dunno if this is the “best” decision, but it’s worked so far.

Greg

I stick to 640X480 in general

This was using the Freight Shed.

I have paid hosting so size isn’t a problem. I upload most at a minimum of 1024x769 and for build photos 2048x1365. LSC automatically shrinks them to 800 pixels wide, but they can be viewed full resolution using the browser’s View Image. They still need to be loaded at full resolution by the user, but I’ve had no complaints of slow loading. I think most everyone is on some form of broadband now. I used to state in every post that the image can be enlarged, but when asked most people told me they never look at the enlarged pics. I still upload that way for my own reference. I find it easier to look up my own build information on here than to search through my thousands of pictures on my local machine.

EDIT to add - Freight Shed pic looks best. If you run short on free space Bob will be happy to sell you more (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-money-mouth.gif)

Yes, it appears that a scaled down picture still loads at the full resolution.

Some people still complain, but, it’s their choice to have really slow internet, and they are more and more in the minority.

When I first started my web site, a number of people complained about not being able to see the pictures. One person was running a 27" monitor in 640 x 480!

I think most of those times are passed, but many people still run lower resolutions, or the windows “magnify” option.

Greg

tested video

Vincent D’Agostino said:
Just figuring out how I am going to post pictures to this site in the future. It works, just not happy about the sizing. Not a fan of just posting the thumbnail (even though it looks good once enlarged) Just feel those pics don’t get looked at as much as ones that are posted larger.

Just copy your facebook photos and paste here. The size etc… fits perfect and non FB people can still see the photos.

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature