Large Scale Central

Expanding beyond the small elevated layout

With a coming change in live steam motive power and wanting a bit longer run, I am expanding beyond my little raised line I have now. I have laid in 2 turnouts that will allow a larger loop that will roughly follow the old ground level road bed. I will pass inboard of the tree trunk at the one corner instead of around it as it was when the line was ground level. The table work would get into the space I need to back my boat into its winter storage spot with my pickup truck. I need to leave room for the fast growing Silver Maple tree’s trunk. This expansion will be closer to most every other raised line with track on treated wood deck planks, possibly with a thin raised wood rail on each side so I can back fill with a thin layer of ballest. I will be making an area for my Piko brewery complex that is going to get changed into a sugar mill as the line is moving to a “down under” prototype sugar cane line. Motive power will be the LGB 2073D with onboard battery power, and soon to arrive Roundhouse Engineering Fowler 0-6-2 w/tender. I hope to be in a position by this time next year with my new job to order one of the Roundhouse Engineering Bundaberg 0-6-2t. I have most of the track on hand as of todays purchase of second hand LGB track at the shop in Zionsville. Hope to start picking up some wood to begin the table work in the next couple weeks. Here is a pic of the layout as it is now for referance. Mike

One turnout is laid in(to the right) just before the exhisting one in this picture

Here are current pics of the railway. Mike

That is looking good Mike.