Large Scale Central

Delete Layout Problem!

OK, Fearless Leader. I have a problem with the way the site software lays things out in Freightsheds - in particular the Delete option. I almost deleted a whole folder (again) this morning. [I deleted all my 2017 photos in a folder a few weeks ago - if you look at any of my 2017 threads and the photos are missing - that’s why. It has not been recoverable to date.]

So here’s the normal Freightsheds folder display screen:

Note the line that starts “Create a new folder”. It contains an “Upload File” option (pink arrow) and a “Delete” option. The Delete is a FOLDER action and will delete all your folder and files.

Here’s how it looks if you select a file:

You tag a file and a HIDDEN menu pops up on top (red arrow).

This is VERY bad usability design. File and Folder actions should NOT be mixed on the same menu. The Folder options (Create, Delete, ?) should be separated AND the Delete should say “Delete Folder”.

Your attention to this would be appreciated before I delete yet another folder full of photos.

I feel your pain Pete.

I have been bit in the — two or three times by this setup and lost photos out of FS. Luckily I keep copies on my computer but it is a dam nuisance trying to replace them in the threads, I finally just quit doing it. So like you I have threads out there with little boxes instead of pictures but no one has complained so I guess it really doesn’t matter much.

Hope you can retrieve your files

Rick

Ive changed the text of that link to say “Delete Folder”. There is also a warning that pops up that says:

Delete Folder?

Are you sure that you want to delete this folder? It will not be recoverable after being deleted.

Thank you.