Large Scale Central

AML 50ft High Cube Box Car

I have a Pre Production sample of the New AML 50ft High Cube Box Car I also show it with a 40ft standard box car.

Looks good from here!

Thanks for the picture Robby.

When were these 50ft High cubes introduced?..did they ever run with PS-1s?

From the AML web page -

"AML American Mainline is proud to announce upcoming production of 1:29 scale, 45mm gauge, Gunderson 50-foot hi-cube boxcars. Built to AAR Plate F clearances, these 6269 cu. ft. boxcars feature a 13-foot inside height which allows easy forklift access for loading large paper rolls or other bulky lading.

Gunderson of Portland, Oregon constructed small groups of hi-cube single and double door boxcars in 1988 and 1989 for Burlington Northern and Montana Rail Link. Additional railroads and private owners also purchased these types of cars. AML’s model is based on single door boxcars built by Gunderson between 1994-2000. We will also offer colorful paint schemes applied to similar looking cars built by Trenton Works Ltd. of Trenton, Nova Scotia, Canada."

Shredding credit card

Great! Finally! Any idea Robby about the long-awaited GP-60? Then the three-axles SD-9? Can’t wait to put Cadillacs into my fleet-barn!

I always thought these were what’s called Cadillacs?

Image result for cr sd80mac

CR SD80MAC …

http://www.american-rails.com/emd-sd9.html

" Rooster " said:

Shredding credit card

Same here. Thankfully postage will be the killer but they do look nice.

I hope they don’t have that crappy suspension as their stock cars

AML’s model is based on single door boxcars built by Gunderson between 1994-2000.

Oh good. Or else I would probably have to modify my storage unit and purchase one or three. But thems a bit too modern for me.

I think this is good for the hobby. I like their innovative designs. The Bethgon coal porter has provisions for body mounting the couplers, flexible brake hoses, and is a release that maybe my favorite newer car out there.

So I welcome this car when it arrives. Almost everything that arrives in G, needs fine tuning to match up with other products that have been released. Having the basics covered, and then going beyond with being able to match other’s products, seems to be all I can ask for. I think they are trying hard to please as many buyers as possible. Metal trucks (and wheels) alone, make it a better value.

I wish they were in the Accucraft level line, with roller bearings in the trucks, and 1/32 for my layout. I take what I can get.

Having RLD a part of this, catches my eye faster. Thanks to RLD for showing this.

I am under a NO BUYING CARS UNTIL THE LAYOUT IS COMPLETE!!! edict. I may have to get 1 or2 before they all get bought up and risk the thunder and lightning that will follow when they get here.

Edit to say, if I buy some Burlington Northern cars, I will totally be in my 80’s era plan… even if some others might not fit.

Pete Lassen said:

I am under a NO BUYING CARS UNTIL THE LAYOUT IS COMPLETE!!!

So you aint never buying no more cars?

edict. I may have to get 1 or2 before they all get bought up and risk the thunder and lightning that will follow when they get here.

Edit to say, if I buy some Burlington Northern cars, I will totally be in my 80’s era plan… even if some others might not fit.

But, I thought the review said they were 1990’s era and newer.

what I saw was the Montana Rail Link and the BN cars were first out in 88, so good enough for me. They fit

Gunderson of Portland, Oregon constructed small groups of hi-cube single and double door boxcars in 1988 and 1989 for Burlington Northern and Montana Rail Link

Pete Lassen said:

I am under a NO BUYING CARS UNTIL THE LAYOUT IS COMPLETE!!! edict. I may have to get 1 or2 before they all get bought up and risk the thunder and lightning that will follow when they get here.

We would like embedded video when the 2 new cars arrive !

Pete,

You just need a good scapegoat. I used to blame Larry Otis when packages would arrive “unannounced”. Would say he found a great deal and sent me something that I had to pay for. True story, and it worked to. I need to get back to blaming him.

Chris

Ah, blame someone who isn’t there and can’t defend himself. That’s how I got into a lot of trouble at one of my jobs.