Large Scale Central

Cab ride: Rockwall Canyon main and branchline.

Cab view of a Rockwall Canyon freight train heading down the mainline, passing through the main yard, and then wrapping up on the branchline to retrieve some hoppers.

That was fun!

It looks like you have added miles of track since I visited for a steamy a few years ago.

Wow Jeff - That was great! Your infrastructure and setting would support ride on scales. Better keep playing Powerball.

WOW! That’s impressive!

Jeff,

Really enjoyed the ride. Layout is looking great!

Bob

You have a nice long run there in a natural setting. I was wondering why we were stopping in the beginning and then another train crossed.

It is interesting to see other trains running and even better how we didn’t see them again like they just kept going for miles down the track.

That long trestle is good looking and as we were riding I wondered if we would be going over it.

You have a nice RR. Is it track powered?

I would love to se a diagram of the whole layout, it is HUGE! Great video.

Thanks everyone, glad you liked the video! The railroad is all battery powered. The camera was pushed by a well worn USA GP7 with a 1st gen airwire system and controller. It could have been a bit smoother if I had thought to use the T5000 controller.

Eric, This is true…it’s quite a bit bigger now. I still run steam, but you have to have locomotives with couplers on both ends to run the new section. Hopefully I will get a loop installed down there sometime this year. I’ve been trying to keep pretty level, so it takes a bit longer to fill in.