Large Scale Central

AML Hi Cubes are coming for real...

I know some of you aren’t on Facebook, but for those of you that are…
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1161557620654955&id=848753218602065

I can’t get my phone to copy/paste the message, but it is from Robert S. from AML to RLD Hobbies. He says that he has (and photos too) of a preproduction sample of the Hi Cube boxcar.

This is good news for AML and 1/29 fans. When was the last time a new product was released in 1/29? USAT autoracks?

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/19956877_499304560411947_2468019015534829807_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=365cc91b6006e2071d2636a4828a6ea1&oe=59CB4765

I really like those.

Nice to see that AML is going to produce again, was worried after Fred left us, that the driving force for Accucraft and 1:29 was gone.

Good stuff.

Greg

Greg,
I hope that AML does well with this release and they continue with the other announced project.

As for my other question, when was the last new release in 1/29 by anyone? Not a new paint scheme, but 100% new release?

Aristo’s 2-8-0 Consolidation comes to mind. I can’t think of anything else.

Hmm, last Aristo release was the Consolidation, I believe, unless you want to count the high hood SD45’s, the last thing they built.

USAT? Hmm, has to be the bilevel car carriers or the 60’ box… I think the car carriers were last (after the new baggage streamliner car)

Piko must have been the last steamer…

Greg

Point being its been a long time since we had new releases. I’m really torn with the AML hi cubes, they don’t fit my era but they look really nice.

Look great. Hope they do well. Encouraging to see a manufacturer launching a new product.

Just to help with the economy, and the hobby in general, the CEO, CFO, and SWMBO have declared these are now “in my era of operations”, and purchase orders will be issued for at least a couple of these boxcars

The car looks good, but I worry that the sample looks like the car is yellow plastic instead of painted yellow. It just looks more toy like than my other cars, but I don’t know if it’s just me. I have an AML Covered Hopper that also looks like colored plastic instead of painting.

I noticed that same thing on a Piko hopper too. Is this the new standard on yellow and orange cars?

while I agree that some of the covered hoppers are translucent appearing when the sun is at the right angle, I cant help but be totally excited for some new modern stock. Cant wait!!! (I think we have been waiting 5 years or something like that)

todd whittier said:
Look great. Hope they do well. Encouraging to see a manufacturer launching a new product.

AMEN!

Hoping that they sell well (which I think they will) and the experts don’t beat them up too badly when they do their “reviews” (which I think they will)

Noting that we have a skeleton crew of manufactures to produce them anymore.

I personally think they look GREAT !

Still waiting for the SD 9.

Did I say that out loud? (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

Steve

I think that you will see the GP 60 before you see any SD 9s