Large Scale Central

Putine Doughnut, at Tim Hortons

For Dominion/Canada Day, Tim Hortons has featured a “Putine Doughnut”…but not available in Canada. Hortons is well known in some places as a “Train Fan” stopping place (Train/railroad content). If you are in the USofA, please try one, and post a review, for those of us who are deprived of the supposed pleasure.

Please post the review in the “Review Forum”

Thank you.

Happy Dominion Day to you Fred and all of our Canadian friends.

Or, if you are New School - Happy Canada Day (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

Happy Day to you and all our northern friends…

I see your dismay, TH is a Canadian Co.

This is what you’re missing.

I got fatter just looking at it!

John

I believe it is spelled Poutine, see you are making him mad by mispelling his doughnuts! No wonder!

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

By the way, in my opinion, selling a doughnut covered with french fries, cheese curds and gravy in the US is not an insult to Canada, it could be deemed an unwanted invasion in the US. UGH!

Greg

Greg…quite correct…“Poutine” is the correct spelling. I’m glad you were attentive enough to notice that… I had seen the mistake, long after I sent out the original note, and failed to make the correction. I do appreciate anyone who cares enough to point out my spelling mistakes.

A common spelling of the second word is Donut, correct or not.

For some reason Tim’s has decided to sell their special Poutine topped “ring-shaped cake made of dough” in select Buffalo, NY stores but not here in the Rochester area.

That’s OK, I don’t need the calories.

Happy Dominion Day to the Canadians. Sorry Fred but this

is not a doughnut/donut/or anything even close . It just ruined a good treat (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Putin donuts, your doing it wrong

Thanks for the salutations for our annual premier flag-waving day !!

I just rolled back in from some mid-day CANADA DAY celebrations on the east side. There was to be a shuttle from a large transit pkg lot to the location but i was about 45 min. too early and did not see any signage (and they had not posted any info on their webpage) so opted on using a (aging) transit pass to catch the LRT to the last station on the line which is only a 10min. walk to the venue (same venue as our SUPERTRAIN show). Although this event activities was all outdoors :slight_smile:

The rain that they kept forecasting this past wk never really showed but today when we don’t want it ---- mother earth is pushing some storm cells into us as i type this.

".…I see your dismay, TH is a Canadian Co. "

News Flash ---- TH is no longer a canadian co. !! But the corp. suits/skirts play it up to the unenlightened masses as if it still was (or at least do not say no we are not)!

Similiar to what bestbuy did when they acquired futureshop (former cdn electronics+ co.) but bbuy made a mistake when they closed down the fs locations leaving the bb lackluster storefronts.

Hope you all are having a safe, dry, electrically-charged-free, but fun July 1st !! :slight_smile:

doug c

p.s. as i said on my mailinglist and later posted on the B’mann site, http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,33467.msg247741.html#msg247741 , Bachmann missed out big time ---- (not) creating a 2017 rollout CANADA flagged/150 symbol mkd egg-liner … they could ah really played it up, having a limited edition number of 150. Probably sold out, if the retailers did not jack the asking $ ! And then reissue a couple yrs later, as a regular Canadian Flag unit IMHOcourse :wink:

That actually looks tasty. As someone that likes dark, bitter chocolate, occasionally with a beer, having a sweet donut with salty fries, creamy cheese curds, and beef gravy, looks like a delicious snack.

There are worse things you could eat…

That is for sure:

Well somethings that look gross are actually quite delicious…Ikura nigiri for example

Add a quail egg to the top of that one Vic, great!

Greg

I very much enjoy “Steak Tar Tar” but many think it is rather … not nice…of course you never order it at your local bar or fast food dump !!

I don’t think it is ever available on Amtrak dining cars, if you can find a dining car of any worth on Amtrak anymore. Via Rail still has dining cars on the Canadian, that serve rather good meals, but never steak tar-tar. (Railroad content)

There is an ex station turned restaurant in Northumberland PA that serves good meals, and reasonably priced Oysters, but I don’t think they have steak tar-tar on their menu. Has anyone been there recently ?

Greg, yes, I also love Ami Ebi where they bring the head of the shrimp deep fried potato chip crisp, not many places can do it right, but when they do, yum!

That Poutine is referred to as Montreal poutine.

In New Brunswick a Poutine (muddy snow ball ) looks like this It’s an Acadian thing!