(0 rates)
    • November 1, 2017 8:13 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Wow!  That really turned out good!

• November 13, 2017 11:05 AM EST
      • Shut up Rooster

• Thanks

Jon everything is looking really nice.  Really brings everything to life.  I have to thank you for starting this because If it was not for this thread I would have never gotten lights hooked up on my layout. I still need to add some boxes in the ground so it easier to find the connections when I need to.  

I cant wait to see everything lite up in a dusting a snow.  

This post was edited by Shawn Viggiano at November 13, 2017 6:45 PM EST
    • November 13, 2017 6:51 PM EST
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut

• Thanks

Thanks Shawn.  Glad I inspired you. Going back to the top of the thread I have Kevin Strong to thank for inspiring me.  Wall Station and the new(ish) platform will come in before the first snow. Everything else stays out.  I have them on a timer; they light up about 4:15 so they are lit just after the sun goes behind the mountain, and stays on till after sunrise so I can see them while I am getting breakfast.

I only used a box at Wall Station. That was my first install and I just used wire nuts for connections. It will be upgraded to plugs before re-installation in the spring. Everything else was set up with plugs, but I need to come up with a nice small box to contain the plugs to help keep dirt out of the connections.

www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

• November 23, 2017 8:36 PM EST
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut

• Thanks

Great weather today and Marilyn needed me out of the kitchen, so I decided to work on lighting.

Last weekend I pulled the Engine House back out to caulk up the window openings in an attempt to block some light leaks and keep pine needles and grit out of the space between the glazing and the inner clear wall.  In my haste I forgot to unplug the lights before lifting the house. I was reminded of that by the slight resistance as the plug pulled apart. When the house was placed back on it's foundation and plugged in the lights no longer worked.

Today I troubleshot and remedied the lighting connections. When that was done an equipment move extra was called to shove a half dozen cars into the structure for evening photos. Here are the results.  I began shooting from a tripod at dusk. The first group taken while there was still a little light used auto exposure settings. Once it started getting dark I switched to manual. Some of them are 5 second exposures. A few utilize an LED flashlight to simulate moonlight on the roof. These are quite a bit better than the previous quick hand held shots with my pocket camera.

In this last shot you can see the switch tower at Indian Hill Junction in the background at right. This is the view from the street in front of my house...

This post was edited by Jon Radder at November 24, 2017 11:35 AM EST

www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

Forums General Gardening

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google