Large Scale Central

LGB Lake George & Boulder 2-6-0

Recently I acquired this loco from another person. The connector plug between the tender and engine has been cut off. I tried to put power to the engine but nothing is happening. What I need is reference on how this engine is assembled for trouble shooting and maybe what to check for in regards to power. If anyone knows of drawings or instruction for this engine it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Im not sure if this will help, I have had this bookmarked for some time and have found it to quite useful when needed. The link is to another forum and a HUGE tahnks to member tworail for putting it together.

Hope it helps, Mike

http://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=2974

Mike thanks for the reference. I’m not sure which manual I’ll need, so I guess I will have go down the line opening each one at a time. At least this gives me something to start with.

Chuck

Hey Chuck, contact Train-Li. They are an LGB parts dealer and can help you with what manual you need and the parts to fix your locomotive.

www.train-li-usa.com

^the manual list is listed by model number, I believe and you should be able to go down the list and sect the few that match up to the locomotive series you have.

Train-Li is also a good idea, hadnt thought of them!

Is this your engine LGB 2119 the bumble yellow Lake George and boulder Mogul

do a google search for LGB 2119s-1.pdf

Shows parts and cabling but not individual wires.

Thanks, I found the right drawings in the list. Now all I have to do is try to break it down and hopefully get it to work again.

Chuck

The majority of the LGB moguls used the same or similar wiring from loco to tender. The ‘cable’ appears to be a flat 3-conductor wire in black insulation with the left side (looking at the rear of cab) in blue or blue tracer insulation. The cable should come out mostly flat and enter a black and gray connector on one end.

Some connectors look like they have 5 or more terminals which must have varying options, sound, lighting, etc.

I believe the loco should run without the wire to the tender.

I’d look for the sliders and pickup brushes in the loco.

Dan: your thoughts?

Greg