Large Scale Central

LSC 17th Anniversary

On June 30, 2000, LSC was born, as a direct result of The Great Train Schism of 2000. Actually, it was born about a week earlier, and had been hanging off another domain of mine until the LSC domain was registered. A handful of you have been here from the beginning, and LSC has grown leaps and bounds since then. We’ve had ups and downs while we were finding our identity, but overall we’re in a good place. A few years ago I had to upgrade to a dedicated server because of all the traffic. That’s a good thing, I think.

I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for your support through the years. A couple of you go above and beyond that, and I appreciate it more than I can say. Financially the site mostly pays for itself through our advertisers and the Freight Sheds and Supporting Memberships that get purchased. I don’t make any money here, but overall I haven’t lost any money.

Again, thank you for all your support through the years.

And thank you, Bob, for putting up with us. I liken this place to a house full of rowdy kids.

And Thanks for giving us a place to hang our hats. It is much appreciated!

Made a lot of friends over the years because of LSC. And maybe I’ll make a few more.

Hopefully this place will hang around for another 17 years…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

I would like to take this opportunity to offer many thanks to you Bob for making LSC the terrific site that it is and for investing so much of your time, energy and money to make it happen. LSC has become a part of my life, my daily routine. Like getting that cup of coffee in the morning and brushing my teeth I just have to click onto your site to see what’s happening in the large scale world. You provide a valuable asset to our community.Thank YOU for that.

Queing up…

Me too!

Every morning after reading the dull stuff and checking for obligations, I’m right here looking for some friendly chatter or a modeler than can use my meager help.

I enjoy being part of the yearly Contest.

I am greatful that the gang can excuse my occassional popping the safety!

Thanks Mr. Bob!

Looking forward to another 17 years …

John

Looking forward to another 17 years …

Me too. Thanks Bob.

Well done, Bob; A great site and I’ve met such great people here; take a bow, and thanks to Martha as well.

BD, Many thanks for what you provide our sorry butts with on a daily basis. That it has lasted for 17 years says more about you than any of us can. I for one would have a hard time finding anyplace else as satisfying.

Now where the hell are my smileys so I can post this

Bob, thank you.

Let me get out this old school tabulating machine…

Great Content

No Membership Fees

Photo Storage Space

Chat Bar w/ Pizza Oven

Easy Going Moderation Style

Patience of a Saint

X 17 Years

Hmm Looks like we owe you a lot.

I’ll pass this on to Rooster as its his turn to get the check. :slight_smile:

THANKS BOB!!!

I’m not of the old guard, only a newcomer (2010), but thanks for these seven years.

Hats off to you Bob for a great site to hang out and share builds and ideas!. I enjoy this site much more than the one net door… You all here have helped me learn and improve my skills at scratchbuilding and kitbashing. We encourage each other as fellow modelers and the banter and teasing between us all is fun. When i get stuck on a project I come here for ideas and help. The Mik’s annual build challenge is great fun! I missed the start of them, watched a couple and then jumped in to the fray of it and never looked back!. Have met a few here in person at a convention and made lots of friends here too. Thanks for everything and at least another 17 more!!! :slight_smile: Travis

I’ve enjoyed this site! Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks Bob for hosting LSC.

Stan

Thanks for what you do for all of us, Bob. Regardless of what’s going on in everyday life, I can always stop in here and leave with a smile on my face. Here’s to at least another 17 years.

Thanks so much Bob. Best wishes to you and Martha, and here’s to another great LSC year!

Thanks Bob for allowing us in your living room and putting up with Ken and Gary’s crap all these years!

WOW…I just realized, 17yrs ago Shawn was probably like 3 and he’s still playing with his pull string and windup trains.

Thanks Bob! It’s been a great ride. Not planning on getting off any day soon :smiley:

Thank you, Bob…

Bob McCown said:

…I don’t make any money here, but overall I haven’t lost any money…

I always thought that was the case, Bob, and I appreciate what you’re doing for us here. I hosted a forum for a couple of years—what I mean is I sponsored Tracks and Trestles I believe it was here on LSC—and now I think I will show my appreciation by turning off adblocker for this site. I know that’s a pathetically small contribution, but I’ve never done that on any other site…but, then again, no other site does as much for me as hosting the fellas here.

It is great to document, and celebrate the start, or founding of great happenings, in our Large Scale part of the Model Railroading hobby.

Could a small “Nitch” be found, to preserve/record such happenings, on this web site ?

I’m suggesting a nitch or space, where only the “Site Administrator” can access, and add information, submitted by members, or others…

LSC is celebrating its 17 years of great success, and there are other continuing events that should be documented.

For example; The long running, annual “INVASION OF FRIENDS”, which may be a bit older than even LSC, and there is the ECLSTS. There are other events stretching out to the “Left/West” Coast…just mentioning North America.

I’m sure others can name events, from other regions of the World, not just North America, that celebrate long running LARGE SCALE events, that promote this wonderful part of the HOBBY of RAILROADING, and the friendships developed through it.

Fred Mills