Large Scale Central

Testing out a new boxcar with a shay

My RR crew now has a choice of drink at the end of a long day. A JD and coke or a Rum and coke. The shay takes the new car on a tour in this quick video.

Good video Todd! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

What video?

Very nice, looks like the engineer was imbibing as well.

Lullubelle seems to have some jack rabbit in her bloodlines!

Nice yard.

Thanks,

John

Very nice video. and a beautiful layout

Dennis

Thanks guys.

A good time was had by all once the work of filming run bys was done. We just hope that the customer won’t notice the missing cases.

1:29, 1:24, and 1:20.3, all on the same track, at the same time? The horror!

Thanks for the show, Todd. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, Steve, you know I wasn’t going to mention it until I saw your post, and I ain’t no rivet counter but……I see that the Shay is 1:20, and you have three USA Trains wood-sided reefers at 1:29, an LGB wood-sider at 1:22, and then you have an LGB steel box car which doesn’t fit in no matter if it’s 1:22/1:24 or not. And do I see a New Bright bobber caboose where the party’s supposed to be? Is it standard or narrow gauge?

And popcorn and baked beans on a booze run? I just don’t get it. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

• Ducks from a hail of rocks hurled in my direction from Todd and others *

The USA wood-side reefers are supposed to be 1:24 IIRC.

You would have seizures if you saw some of my trains… Somedays scale matters, and somedays I just run the cars with pretty colours.

David Maynard said:

The USA wood-side reefers are supposed to be 1:24 IIRC.

You would have seizures if you saw some of my trains… Somedays scale matters, and somedays I just run the cars with pretty colours.

Re: USA Trains freight cars: “Ultimate Series” are 1:29 Scale. “American Series” and “Work Trains Series” are 1:24 Scale. I know better than that! I should have preafrood my post, David, having so many American Series wood-sided reefers!

Truthfully, the LGB and USAT wood-sided reefers look pretty darn close side by side.

Michael, they do look similar. I run mine together as if they were the same, since they are visually. That’s that LGB rubber ruler coming inta play.