Large Scale Central

Baton Rouge and More

The wife and 3 grandkids are going to Baton Rouge for a wedding next month, With stops in the New Orleans, Houston and San Antonio areas on way there and back, Anyone know of any G scale layouts/ clubs operating in any of these areas? Only one I saw was Baton Rouge and it is at least 1 hour away from where we will be. Website shows g scale small layout and main focus seems to be HO and N. Kids have all seen HO and N, the one grandkid lives in Chicago and has seen the huge HO layout at the Museum of Science and Industry I want to show him a G layout.

Pete, here is a list of clubs in Texas. I don’t know how up to date the info is, but its a start.

Hey Pete, HAGG, is at the Rosenberg Railroad Museum, just south of Houston, where we have worked with the museum to build a garden railroad. Check out our web site at houstonagg.com. Here you can see what we got and contact me if you want to stop by and see what we got and depending on the day maybe go to a meeting, we call it a meeting it’s really 10 minutes of business and 2 hours of trains and fun. If you are bringing a train we got you covered. My e-mail is [email protected]. You can also use the contact on the web site to get to me, I try to run the site.

Jim

Steve, you are right , there is some real old information on this site, its a start, so I will investigate further. Unfortunatly most places are only open on weekends, so it looks like we will be missing out on a lot of fun stuff. The Baton Rouge will be open when we are there so its a matter of the 1hr drive to get there… a day after a 3 day drive.

2 weeks ago we were in New Orleans and visited the Botanical Gardens in City Park. Train Garden only operates on Saturday and Sunday. I will try tomorrow to post a few pictures.

I hope I’m not too late with these pictures of the New Orleans Train Layout at the Botanical Garden in City Park.

You have to pay to get into the Botanical Gardens, but a day well spent.

Sorry if I’m too late with the posting.