Large Scale Central

Something for the Pennsy Fans, a T1 Duplex

With things coming together for the Aerotrain, plans are taking shape for the next locomotive project, a Pennsylvania Railroad T1 4-4-4-4 Duplex. Like the aero train, I will offer these as kit form or in a built configuration, and hope to provide them wired for either track or battery powered depending on owners preference. Set price is not yet known as I will have to turn my own drivers and build the drive units myself, but aiming for an end price around $750 or so per locomotive. the shell and most parts will be made from cast resin, and individual details from resin, styrene, brass, cast metal etc… If anyone is interested in one, please post here or send me a message. As said price is not set, could change a little one way or the other, but the more ordered the cheaper prices may be as I can order some of the materials in bulk then.

Interested is a big yes. Don’t count me till you’re good on the end price (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

sounds good! Ill have a more set price a little farther into development.

A little more planning going in, so here is what is currently rattling around in the ol brainpan.

Goal is to provide it with: Cast resin shell and tender

turned drivers with cast centers

prototypical rigid frame with blind drivers, or an articulated frame to provide for a tighter operating radius

duel motor setup to provide pulling power for long passenger trains

resin and brass detail parts, grab irons etc…

Still aiming for a $750 price or so, but depending on the drive setup it could fluctuate a little depending on the options wanted.

Interesting…Very Interesting… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

See if there is a chassis you can drop in, like an Aristo FA or USA Trains F3.

Something easily available on the used market.

Greg

So, do we get a deal for buying both the Aero Train and the T1- wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

My wife is gonna kill me. Count me in.

-Kevin.

dieseldude . said:
So, do we get a deal for buying both the Aero Train and the T1- wink, wink, nudge, nudge. My wife is gonna kill me. Count me in. -Kevin.

could maybe do a friends and family type discount lol

Greg Elmassian said:

See if there is a chassis you can drop in, like an Aristo FA or USA Trains F3.

Something easily available on the used market.

Greg

Funny you mention that, cause I am currently looking at a way to modify the FA blocks for the project, would make it much easier for the kit builders to modify a locomotive block that is readily out there

For those of whom are interested in the T-1, here is an update, though be it small. While stateside recently I done a quick mockup of the tender shell to show overall size and to figure out truck mounting etc… needless to say, its gonna be a beast. here it is (in 1:29 scale) pictured behind a Bachmann reefer and I believe an aristo hopper. This thing should widen out some radiuses!! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s414/trainbuffjr1/21617491_1566279276823617_1467822231936289393_n_zpsd3pyxsnz.jpg

You may have missed the fact that we cannot see this picture, with the new photobucket 3rd party hosting rules. This happened a few months ago…

Greg

ahhhh nuts, they did change it again, ugh… ill try working on it later and get the picture up

Curious. I saw it.

Do you have a Photobucket login Steve? I don’t maybe that is the difference.

Here’s the image I get from the link:

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Greg

Yea. I think the green thingy in the back is the tender mockup.

Bob McCown said:

Greg Elmassian said:

Greg

Yea. I think the green thingy in the back is the tender mockup.

Bob, I don’t have a Photobucket login. In fact, I’ve never used PB. I have no idea why I got in, but that is the same photo that I saw.

Still not seeing anything but the error message/image

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Still not seeing anything but the error message/image

Greg

Shudda been here Friday, you’l’da seen them then.

Ahh… so you are not seeing them now… ok… thanks,

Greg