Forum Sponsors

Forums Power and Sound Live Steam
  • Topic: Learning Process

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 26, 2017 10:30 PM EDT
      • Streamwood, IL

• Thanks

I cleaned the cylinder covers with brake clean and removed all of the old flaking paint, and any oil that had accumulated on the covers, inside and out, scuffed the surface with a brown 3M pad, laid down a couple coats of etching primer, and re-painted with the same enamel paint that I used initially. I'll see how it handles the heat later this week. Been having to wait to paint due to storms and high humidity levels last couple of weeks. 

• July 27, 2017 6:26 PM EDT
      • Kokomo, Indiana

• Thanks

Definatly been crappy humidity wise.  Been misrably sticky inside the plant this week.  Glad to off for the next 3 days.  Got my 40 in for the week!   If you can set the covers outside on a hot sunny afternoon this weekend, do so, the sun will help bake and cure the paint for free!      Mike

• August 18, 2017 1:18 PM EDT
      • Kokomo, Indiana

• Thanks

How are you coming with your steamer Mike??    Haven't heard anything from you in awhile.   Here is my new loco.  Decided that while the Aster was nice, its going to be awhile before I have a railway at home suitable to run and engine that needs BIG curves to run well.  So some more horse trading happened and I ended up with a nice Roundhouse Fowler 0-6-2 with tender.   I will be upgrading the lights to the big Darjeeling style lamps that RH sells as extra parts.   RC control as well here soon, she is manual control for now.  Hope all is well, I am well into planning a larger loop that ties into that small raised line I built.  The new larger loop will closely follow the old track bed of my ground level line other than I will go inside the tree instead of around it at the edge of the garden area.  A raise line that goes outside of the tree will get into my space to put my boat into winter parking with my truck.   Mike T

Forums Power and Sound Live Steam

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google