Large Scale Central

The Most Intersting Man in Model Railroading..

His operating sessions are so prototypical that the attendees are required to be Union members of BLET…

His weathering inspired Mother Nature to use an air-brush to copy him…

He once worked “all the live long day” just because he “rose up early in the morn”…

He is!..

The most interesting man in model railroading.

“I don’t always do hobby stuff but when I do I choose model trains…stay railroady my friends…”

Feel free to add your version of The Most Interesting Man in Model Railroading…

I got another one

His engines climb %50 grades just because he “thinks they can”…

His “Hobo Stew” contains real Hobo’s…

“John Henry” started out as “his” shaker…

He is!..

“I don’t always do hobby stuff but when I do I choose model trains…stay railroady my friends…”

Stay thirsty, my friend.

He turned down Warren Buffet’s offer to buy his model railroad…twice.

One of Rod Stewart’s ex-wives fell in love with him.

John Caughey’s rattle snakes stand at attention, and the hawks perform fly-overs, in formation, when he arrives to inspect the premises.

edit: and have you noticed? His pictures are so good, all of Bob McCown’s “Random Photos from Our Members” come from his albums.

His railroad knowledge is so extensive that the Bach-mann asks him for advice…

Phoenix Sound used his heartbeat as the "chuff’ for the 2K2 board…

He did not rob the Glendale train or make off with the gold…but he knows who did…

He is!..

And he’ll chase you out if you try to blow the whistle (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Kalmbach still submits weekly requests for an interview with him, to understand how the hobby was started.

McMaster-Carr has a daily delivery to his address.

A certain Mr. Horovitz is still seeking his address, hoping to thank him for getting him started in railroading.

When passing him, Big Boys are required to display his birthday in place of their engine numbers.

Roosters have a week in honor of him.

Semaphores rise to attention as he approaches.

Balls go high with his passes.

Even diesels are too pooped to smoke after he comes.

He is, the most interesting man!

He never has to edit his Forum posts for grammar or spelling

The issue of Trains Magazine with his picture on the cover hangs in the Louvre

His G scale EP-2 shoots sparks off the catenary wires synchronized to Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture

He is!..

Could care less about playing with a Time Saver (sorry Ric)

because any time saved playing trains would just be spent playing trains…

Scott Suleski said:

Yeah, but John Allen’s turning over in his grave because the one time he did play with the Time Saver he solved the 12-move shunting problem in nine moves.

Would never see a correlation between Fine Scale Modeling and playing with trains.

He is the Least interested with this thread, for he is:

John

John Caughey said:

Would never see a correlation between Fine Scale Modeling and playing with trains.

He is the Least interested with this thread, for he is:

John

The rest of us keep piling on!

Bigfoot takes his picture…

It took 3 days to make his Speedo…

If you upset him, he will pull his own finger…

His mere presence instills fear in Andy…

He is NOT the most interesting man in anything…

He is…the Otis!

Stay clear my friends…

He once had a derailment, but it was due to an earthquake.

…stay steamy my friends.

Back in his college days he MU’ed multiple units and didn’t give a damn about nuthing (including grammar and spelling).

Later in life he married but still had wet dreams of DPU lash up’s from his college days.

Currently he models a mainline railroad outdoors making up for the length and girth he lacked in college.

He is the most interesting man in Model Railroading

His hand laid track is code “perfect”, the actual number is kept in a mayonnaise jar at Funk and Wagnall’s.

His work trains do actual work

his parts box contains several of every known and a lot of unknown parts ever made.

He throws away his red boxes, because trains are meant to be used, not hidden away.

Scale and Gauge mean nothing to him, rivet counters are disposed of as soon as they point out a discrepancy in any of his models

His scratch built models instantly become a mass produced item, because if HE likes it, it stands to reason everyone will want2 or more

Kader gave him the containers of leftover Aristo inventory when they closed, and all the molds too

Scott Suleski said:

No reason to apologize, there are many different ways to enjoy this hobby. Some people just go round and round. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

He has skin of steele !

He is a sense of humor !

He’s alway lurking!

He is the most interesting man in Model Railroading!

(http://largescalecentral.com/public/user/64/a1/01/19ec4_07a9.jpg?c=3220)

I saw that!

CVP has a default button to restore the Airwire factory to his original settings

The sound of his model trains running inspired Johnny Cash to “Get a Rhythm”

When he found a tiny variation in Hollywood’s BL-2 he forced the Western Maryland RR to change the prototype to match it.

He is!..