Large Scale Central

General Motors Aerotrain

Good evening folks! So I am currently in the process of designing a GM Aerotrain to build for a client in 1:24 scale, and will probably be doing another for myself. But as there are none out on the market yet I will also be building some in 1:29 after that. Is there any interest in a full set or partial set (2-4 cars plus loco and observation as opposed to the prototypical 8 car set). Still in the planning stage, but will start building them in November. If anyone is interested in a set please comment or send me a message and we’ll start planning.

I’d be interested in a 1:29 set please.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

I’d be interested in a 1:29 set please.

Greg

Great! Ill be in touch soon to go over more details

Add me to the list. Like 1/32 better, but could live with 1/29.

I’m interested.

-Kevin.

Boy does that bring back fond memories. My wife used to ride the aerotrain occasionally when we were going together (a LONG time ago!!). There is one still in the train museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin too.

Ed

Color me interested.

Doc Watson

Ed Headington said:

Boy does that bring back fond memories. My wife used to ride the aerotrain occasionally when we were going together (a LONG time ago!!). There is one still in the train museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin too.

Ed

That’s cool! Haven’t seen that set yet, but seen the other remaining set at the Museum of Transportation in St. Louis, Missouri. Its about an hour from me.

Sorry for the delay, been busy on some other work and planning has slowed as a result. As for the Aerotrain, still some pricing to do on material yet, and the motorblocks will need to be found, but just for an estimate for those interested, will probably be looking at $300-400 or so for the locomotive depending on the cost of the motorblock, then maybe $100 per car and $125 or so for the observation. plan to do metal wheels and kadees for the cars, but can send without wheels or couplers to reduce price for those interested. Also want to do basic interiors for it, but can leave out for those that want to reduce price or want to do that part yourselves. and also can just send the loco and cars undecorated as well. Plans are also underway to offer these in kit form with just the shells and castings if people are interested in building it that way. Prices are not firm yet as there are a couple things to look at yet, but will do them as low as possible. If you have any more questions or are interested in getting one, please post here or contact me. Have a blessed day everyone!

Prices look fine to me…

I’ll probably want as complete as possible, no free time for a kit…

Regards, Greg

Great! Hope to get them a little cheaper yet, but not sure on all costs yet.

I was wondering what this train was all about, google.ca popped this up (and other sites);

http://www.american-rails.com/aerotrain.html

doug