Large Scale Central

Connie gear

Just completed main circuit on my revamped layout, nice afternoon, decided to test track with my oldest Connie which has been a faithful loco but when connecting up battery and checking transmitter etc., b’**%$s drive gear stripped !!! I know this is a common problem but my question is where to get a replacement in the UK, or do I have to order one from Bachmann in the US of A? Any advise would be welcomed.

Regards

David

david bunn said:

Just completed main circuit on my revamped layout, nice afternoon, decided to test track with my oldest Connie which has been a faithful loco but when connecting up battery and checking transmitter etc., b’**%$s drive gear stripped !!! I know this is a common problem but my question is where to get a replacement in the UK, or do I have to order one from Bachmann in the US of A? Any advise would be welcomed.

Regards

David

I ordered mine from the Bachmann Online Store it arrived (in Australia) about 10 days after the order was placed.

New brass gear with axle assembly.

David

If you have a choice between the gear by itself or the gear mounted on a new axle. Take the latter. It will save you some trouble ad the cost is negligible.

Thanks for your replies guys, it looks like the axle/gear is the way to go. The axle is out of the loco so replacement won’t take long. The good news is that my K will now test the track instead.

david bunn said: The good news is that my K will now test the track instead.

Very funny Sean, pictures following shortly they will be.

Good service deserves a mention I always think so many thanks to Bachmann , a new gear and axle delivered from the USA to my door in five days plus updates on its progress from order to shipping as well. Couldn’t be better really.

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Read and learn young Padawan the attachment reveals all.

Nice service from Bachmann! Glad to hear it. Only with they were as forthcoming with their Trolley motors.

Graeme Price said:

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Read and learn young Padawan the attachment reveals all.

Hmmm … still waiting for the vid of the K testing the track …(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Check that the brass gear has shoulders like the plastic one it replaces.

If not, you may want to add a 10 thou thick washer to each side.

I used some Aristo-Craft diesel ones I had.

If you don’t one of the bushings the axle rides on may fall back in the gear case.