Large Scale Central

WTB Antenna

Does anyone have a rubber ducky antenna for the 27mhz handheld Crest TE TX?

Don’t have a 27 MHz unit to know the mounting threads, but maybe this works:

https://www.amazon.com/ProComm-Rubber-Duck-CB-Antenna/dp/B00BI22AMA

Greg

Mounting threads are probably metric, but close to 6x32 tpi.

Not the way it works. There are no mounting threads on the rubber ducky antenna.

The base of the antenna (within the transmitter) is simply a coil spring and the last loop of the spring is turned 90 degrees to engage a screw on the circuit board within the transmitter.

Yes, and what size is that screw?

Todd,

It could be mounted, as the threaded mounting bracket is simply an L bracket screwed to the circuit board.

Todd,

If you want to trade, I’m for it. Let me know.

Just solder a flexible long wire (the length of the telescope antenna) to the board. Worked for me and it always hangs down creating horizontal radial transmission.

David Maynard said:

Actually, it’s a “propriatary” screw in that it has an oversized head to engage the loop on the antenna. I don’t know what the thread is though.

Todd Brody said:

David Maynard said:

Actually, it’s a “propriatary” screw in that it has an oversized head to engage the loop on the antenna. I don’t know what the thread is though.

Probably not proprietary; you can get just about every combination at McMaster Carr

By “propriatary” I meant that not your run of the mill variety. If you didn’t see one, and just ordered a typical flat head or Phillips screw of the same thread, it would be different.

That’s what washers are for.

David Maynard said:

(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Bob McCown said:

Todd Brody said:

David Maynard said:

Probably not proprietary; you can get just about every combination at McMaster Carr

Sweet …thanks for the info …I would like to find a non proprietary screw right now and the combination package is a total bonus! Do you know if they sell milk and cookies as well?

David Maynard said:

What kind of washers?

Front loader

Fender

Locking

Wave

Ah, I dunno. Probably one of them flat washers I have in my spare parts collection.

Use a copper star washer for ‘better’ electrical contact.