Large Scale Central

UK National Garden Railway Show - Peterborough UK

What a great day out we all had here, folks! Lots of fascinating layouts, a hundred traders of all kinds, and all the main societies represented too. I finally got to meet up with Ryan Bednarik, and Paul Hagglund from Everett WA. Both were much-appreciated stewards at the show, BTW.

I guess that there will be a ton of stuff on Youtube, especially relating to the HALF-full-size Sandy River #24 that was being used to give loco-driving lessons for a fiver in the ‘Be a driver for a fiver’, over a 600 foot length of track. Needless to say, the line to try their hand at driving this impressive ‘model’ was loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. It belongs to the boss-man of Roundhouse Engineering, and is a lot better model than that the company’s version… :wink:

This is the loco in its natural environment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nglA4s9-d_Y

I collected my first Accucraft CPR passenger car in Gauge 1 from the Accucraft stand - many thanks, Graham and Ian. Now, I have TWO - the other made by Alan Wright back over in Ontario.

Looking for the show stuff on YT now.

Best to all.

tac

OVGRS

Paul Hagglund is Ryan’s friend from Everett, WA