Large Scale Central

Climax and Forney pricing

I confess I adore Bachman 1:20.3 engines and rolling stock. Years ago we considered getting a Forney but they were a small fortune. Always regretted not picking one up. They are just too cute and look wonderful on small layouts. While looking for a C-19 I stumbled upon both Forneys and Climaxes for stupid cheap compared to retail/past pricing. The listings were ‘hidden’ from my normal search phrasing.

Unpainted Forney…$234.95

Climax Demo…$269.95

The engine roster has become absurdly large but these beauties will likely never be produced again.

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place.

I love the Forney especially! That is a great price too. I never got one for two reasons, the first was the price the second is because I am really a live steam guy! Oh and THIS is “my” Forney!

If you tell me it has a ‘Buy-It-Now’ price of $234.95 I will be genuinely miffed!

I also really like the Bachmann locos. I have one of each of their geared engine lineup and a few more. They are good engines with a great amount of detail and affordable.

I once bought a Bachmann Forney for a song and put it up against my LGB one. I really liked the smaller size of the LGB but the detail of the Bachmann blew it away. Seeing the 2 side by side had me thinking that Forneys were often small engines and to me the Bachmann didn’t look quite “right”. I know they are different scales but it just didn’t feel right for my lineup so I sold it.

I thought I had a longer video of the 2 but this is it.

I say go for it Cynthia. I did a quick look on Ebay and found the Forney you are talking about being sold by anakramer. He has really good prices and I have never had a problem buying from him.