Large Scale Central

Local G scale shop has a second hand Accucraft K27

Local G scale shop got this Accucraft K36 in that will be for sale shortly. has Phoniex sound and DCC. The sound board is the PB9 according to the owner. Call Rick Whitt @ Zionsville Train Depot if interested in the model. Condition looks excellent to me. He going to have the technician check out the DCC and sound functions this weekend. Mike

I appreciate you are trying to help out this guy who owns a train store. You are a nice guy.

But please post in the for sale forum, that’s what it’s there for…

Greg

Wasn’t sure if I should put it there or here, I am sure Bob can move it there for me. I just try to help on both sides, some of these models are very hard to find anymore. Never know who is looking for one. Beautiful model as well but not my cup of tea. MIke

That’s not a K-27 … it’s a K-36. Quite a bit larger than the K-27.

Bob

Bob Hyman said:

That’s not a K-27 … it’s a K-36. Quite a bit larger than the K-27.

Bob

If painted correctly, shouldn’t the model number be painted on the cab?

John

There is something there, but the resolution isn’t good enough for me to see what K it says it is.

It’s on there, it just doesn’t show in the photo. It sure looks like a 36 to me.

Well, those of you familiar with the road should know by the road number? Right?

I called the Zionsville Train Depot and they confirmed it is a K-36. I told them I wanted it and that I will pick it up on my way home from Ken’s. I’m not really a D&RGW guy, and the fragile RGS rails would never have supported anything that heavy, but … it’s a K-36! What else can I say?

For you non-Colorado NG guys, the 2-8-2 K’s are numbered like this:

K-27 450’s and 460’s

K-28 470’s

K-36 480’s

K-37 490’s

Bob

Glad you were able to add the model to your collection Bob. These smaller shops struggle to survive these days. If he could only find someone reliable to help keep his website updated on a nearly daily basis. He doesn’t understand the software, but he has tried. Cheers Mike

Mike,

As it turns out, I didn’t get the K-36 after all. When I called the shop owner last week, he said he was having his technician check out the model on Saturday. He told me the price he was asking, I agreed to it, and I told him I would call back today and finalize the arrangements to pick up the model on my way home from Ken’s on May 1st.

When I called him today, he informed me that his technician was buying the model and that it was no longer for sale. So much for a verbal handshake. I’m disappointed, to say the least. I might add that anyone who contemplates doing business with Zionsville Train Depot should be a bit wary. Obviously, the owner’s word doesn’t mean much.

Bob

Bob, if the sale was contingent on weather his tech wanted it or not, he should have said so. If people cant count on a man’s word, they can’t count on the man. That’s a shame. But I have had that happen to me too with other folks. I guess verbal agreements don’t mean much to some people.

Could it be that a good intention made the sale announcement too soon?

For all we know the tech may have a ‘first buy’ as part of his fee.

20/20 hindsight courtesy says; it should have been revealed up front on the phone call.

Bear in mind the market and an owner’s desire to keep both lines open. Could have been a d’oh moment when he failed to mention it… ‘dang I shoulda…’

Too bad, would have been fun.

John

edit; to capture an errant ’

being in business, his reputation should come first… also the technician should actually come second, and should know that, the business comes first.

Well, just successfully shot himself in the foot, and in public in a forum. My guess is that no one was really interested when it was a K27… when a customer calls up and expresses interest and says, oh it’s a k36… I guess someone got greedy.

It would have been a lot better to post this in the for sale forum in the first place, now it has “national attention”… in a negative way.

Greg

Joe Zullo said:

Rooster: has reported this post to the moderator and emailed him numerous times as the shoes are shined better than the revolver.

No, he knew I was going to post it up that night, and I am supprised he did that, SMH. Sorry guys. Mike

Being a dog-in-the-manger, I wouldn’t have been interested in it for a number of reasons -

1. The Colorado lines never had no darn cab-forwards.

2. It runs, somehow, on sparks. Seems an odd way to run a steam railroad.

3. It was also about four thousand miles away.

I’d agree that the dealer ‘done the dirty’ here. I, for one, will NEVER darken their doors.

tac

OVGRS

POCRR Eastern Sub.

tac

Mike, not to belabor an unpleasant subject, but I cannot understand your response.

Bob talked to the owner on the phone, made the deal, then the owner reneged on the deal.

This was on the phone, not email tag.

Greg