Large Scale Central

Subsititutes for LGB screws and contact springs

Aloha,

First post here, and it is a problem. Our beloved U-Lok “Gustav”, LGB Model 2070, lost one of the srcews that holds the drive wheels to the axle. When the wheel fell off, the spring loaded contact show that brings electrical power from the wheel to the electrical bus shot off across the yard. My closest hobby store with trains is literally an ocean away, so I am hoping that there might be hardware store or Radio-shack store equivalents I can use.

I have contacted a supplier based on referral, and they have neither returned my phone call nor my e-mail. Something about the 808 area code, I guess…

I’ll keep looking for a part supplier that will answer, but, in the meantime, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Oh dear, wish I could help you. At least I can say that at least one person has seen your post. I’d expect the screw threads would be metric based.

Would it be possible if one dares the risk to take a similar screw from another wheel to a machine shop to see what the people there might chance to know?

Answered in another thread, and this screw on the axle is very special and readily available as I do have several in my stock of screws and these are available from trainli.com.