Large Scale Central

posting picture from freightshed trouble

OK, the new format doesn’t work for me like the old format… Would appreciate any help… I usually sign into LSC thru AOL, my pictures are in the freightshed…

Before I have copied the Http line into the ““insert/edit image”” thing, and it has always posted right… Now, when I do it, the picture doesn’t show, just some funny colored icon…

Andy

Go to your file and open the picture you want to post. Right click and choose “Copy picture location” and paste into the insert edit image thing in the block: “source”.

More tedious than the old way but it’s BD’s world and we all just live in it.

Andy C.

Not sure what browser you are using but we are using win 10 to do this.

I go to new Frt. shed/find the photo you want. /Click on it./ Right click on copy Img. Location. /Paste or copy it in to the LSC insert Img Box./ and it will show up in your post box. That how we do it here. Noel

I resize your photo to 800 x 600 to look better due to your was kind of small photo and it works. Hope this helps…

It doesn’t work for me… When I right click, all I get is a ““copy”” I click that, and try and insert it into source block by clicking paste, but nothing shows up… If I copy the Http: URL, then all I get is a small colored block…

Andy Clarke said:

It doesn’t work for me… When I right click, all I get is a ““copy”” I click that, and try and insert it into source block by clicking paste, but nothing shows up… If I copy the Http: URL, then all I get is a small colored block…

… …

Andy, When you click on your photo in Frt. shed, do you see the photo? if so put your cursor on the photo and right click to have a box come up. I should show Copy and should show Copy Img. location. that the one you use to put in the Img post box. try it.

Noel, All I get is ““Copy”” line, I don’t show a ““Copy IMG location”” line…

And, Yes I see the photo…

Andy Clarke said:

Noel, All I get is ““Copy”” line, I don’t show a ““Copy IMG location”” line…

Oh. then maybe using something difference that what we use. We are using Win 10 with either, IE browser or Fire Fox browser. So May be using a apple or some other type of computer? Maybe some one else like Greg E. or Bob McC. can help you on that. When Bob McC changed to new programs it been a lot difference and not the way we use to use the old frt. shed. It has been a lot of problems for a lot of people. Sorry, we tried.Noel

Andy

It must be something with your browser then. I use mozzila firefox with windows 10 latest addition. If you are using chrome or explorer try switching

Boomer

“…Listen up minions. I am not here to be your BFF, dry your tears or hold your hand while we sing Kumbaya, but when the shooting starts; and it will, I’ll be in it with you and I promise I got your back. Now RTFU and lets get this done”

Sorry Andy… but Boomer made us laf. Go for it Boomer… lol.

Computer is an HP product… Windows 10… Like I said, I usually get on thru AOL… I tried using Windows edge, and it turned out the same… Did I mention, I’m a computer idiot???

Andy Clarke said:

Computer is an HP product… Windows 10… Like I said, I usually get on thru AOL… I tried using Windows edge, and it turned out the same… Did I mention, I’m a computer idiot???

Well there is the problem Andy…so am I.

Boomer K. said:

Andy Clarke said:

LOL, boomer… ^5

Andy Clarke said:

Boomer K. said:

Andy Clarke said:

LOL, boomer… ^5

He may have some kind of a blocking program turned on in his browser

Posted twice?? Sorry.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Yea, Microsoft edge doesn’t have a copy URL, or copy image location. Them ____en programmers took away that function with the new “updated” program.

That there is why I use Firefox.

Andy Clarke said:

… I usually sign into LSC thru AOL, my pictures are in the freightshed…

… Like I said, I usually get on thru AOL…

First: I’m not the world’s greatest technogeek. Second, I went back through the posts and want to ask a question that doesn’t seem to be directly asked and answered. Which doesn’t mean it hasn’t been asked and answered, just that I didn’t see it done directly as its own thing.

1. Is AOL the provider used to get on the web, and solely used for that?

2. Or, are you signing on to LSC from within AOL’s screen?

I’m concluding condition 2 is true.

One thing thing to do is access LSC from something other than AOL, specifically, one of the web browsers. The open source (free) browser Firefox is as said quite handy for that. And it does have some very handy functions within it.

Another advantage is the add-ons, of which the advertisement blockers and script blockers are an absolute necessity for people with autism like me.

There may be others whom it doesn’t bother but for me it is a problem.

Illustration, one of my surgeons has an adult son with autism, he can watch TV but driving is overload - for me I can usually handle driving but television is massive overload, there is no TV set in my house.

There is enough clutter on the web as-is. Being able to cut down the amount of things happening on a web page is the only way I can use the web. Auto-play ads, or articles, with sound; and those accursed gifs, Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Get me outta here!!!

Gosh, how long has it been since AOL was my web provider?
The turn of the century.

Not AOL, but I have one email address that’s a decade and a half old. Dang.

Okay, tangent complete, we now return to our previously on-track topic. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I had he same trouble. Aol browser won’t work.

Back when I used the AOL browser, it basically was a skin over the version of Internet Explorer that I had on my computer. I wonder if its still that way. If it is, then its a skin over Microsoft Edge, and Edge doesn’t have the feature we are telling you to use.

Edge works. Just use copy.