Large Scale Central

Dogs

How are these creatures able to bond so well with us without even talking?

I’m heartbroken to report , that our Tank was taken by Lyme disease.

It’s funny how certain things will remind you of them.

He definitely was a caricature …

Good Bye my friend … Were are supposed to be the strong ones… Thanks for letting me vent! Sean

I still have two Pomeranians …

Rocko

You do remember this pic!

Tala

She did grow out of this color … a long time ago…Kids…

Feel free to Post some pics of your dogs… Sean

My condolences, Sean. Been there more times than I want to count.

Sean, I am so sorry for your loss. I certainly feel your pain as I have been in your shoes many times. I have a 15 year old lab that is in his final days. It’s hard to believe that we can get so attached to them but they do bring years of joy to our homes. R.I.P. TANK

Oh dear, sorry. Yep, Tank was definitely one with personality :slight_smile:

Tala and Rocko have theirs too.

Had family dogs in childhood and Mom & Dad have all their pictures. Captain Mack a beagle, then Brandy a collie.

Macky was the runt of the litter and built like a bulldog or Popeye.

Brandy was a rescue from a puppy mill, had been an award winning show dog but after we got her oh man did her inner ‘lady jock’ come out! If it was a contact sport count her in! Soccer, football, and she was a tough customer too. Mom would take her to get groomed about every other month; Brandy would come home with pink tulle bows in her ears knowing she looked good and would take all the poses - for about 3 days, then it was back to lady jock tomboy.

Macky, oh the stories I could tell on him! Like how he would disappear for days at a time and we’d learn that people we had zero idea who they were knew him by proper name. And learned he’d go hang out with a really poor family a couple streets away who had a chronically ill son. And he liked to play tug of war and his jaws were so strong you could pick him up by the tug toy, be it whatever it was, and he’d just hang there growling like he was going to eat you alive in the very next second, then you’d put him down and he’d run a circle and come back to do it again. Squirrels would run laps around trees about 6 inches higher than he could jump. It had all the look of a mutual game.

And Brandy too. Like how not being allowed on beds she stayed with Dad in bed when he was really sick for a couple weeks. It would take more typing than I’m good for right now but there was the time she scammed Dad out of his big pillow & foam camping mattress while he was watching football in the floor. And that when canoeing she’d be oh so prissy about “eeewwww, wet, Nasty”, until the time when you turned around and back and she was suddenly in it up to her armpits with what sure looked like a grin.

Since out on my own I’ve had cats and they too have personality and goofiness in them.

A couple miles the other side of the highway have a friend who has horses and once again, they also have their own quirks and habits and ways of affection.

Had an apartment neighbor who we eventually needed up married for 5 years who had birds and among them a cockatiel who probably needed a shrink for PTSD from abuse he was rescued from but was quite a character - if you had Taco Bell tacos he’d be in your face until he got a shred of cheese, then he was content. Had to be careful where you stepped backwards because he’d walk, yes, walk, behind you like a tagging along puppy.

Had a friend who had ferrets, they have two speeds, off and warp 15.

I know the subject here is dogs but I gotta make my hands hurt more and tell a cat story decades back on Annabelle and Applesauce. I was working on a model and hear from back down the hall this god awful noise like they were shredding each other’s guts. Run down the hall to find them lying in the bedroom door essentially playing patty-cake. They look up at me with “What’s wrong with you, got some kind of problem we can cure for you?” expressions. You goofs, nearly sent me to the ER with a heart attack!!!

Ya gotta love critters, they add much to life.

My condolences, pets are family for us, I’m still not over loosing our Simba who we lost after 17 years. That was three years ago.

Forrest

He wasn’t the only critter by far … we have two horses, one African Grey, one Yellow Nape, one Sun Conure,a Parrotlet (smallest Parrot) one Person cat, 10 hens ,one rooster, a dozen koi, and the two Pomeranians … My daughter has a mastiff mix ,a chihuahua (yes she’s still @ home).

I do not know why Tank’s passing got to me … I guess i’m getting softer in my on going years… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Thank for the wonderful stories… Sean

I love your new commercial:

That brought a smile!

Thanks

Yes, I miss my girls. Even though we knew Midget was in her final days at 17 1/2 years old, I still wasn’t prepared for the day I came home from work and saw her, and I just knew she wasn’t sleeping. Both of my girls were foundlings, and both of them were quite special to me. Now we have a rescue dog from the (reject department) of the Washington County Humane Society. He is 11 pounds of crazy, but he is my boy. Actually he is attached to my mom’s hip, just like Midget was. That’s because I do all the mean things to the dogs, like give baths, brush their fur, clip their nails and such.

You have my condolences. Dogs are very special people who leave paw prints on our hearts.

Sean McGillicuddy said:

That brought a smile!

Thanks

The whole series:

Sean, my condolences on your loss… Like many other, been there and done that…

Oh Wow so sorry to here about Tank, They are are kids after all. And treat us with respect. They are one true pleasure in this crazy world.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

Yea, Biscuit “respects” my mom so much that he walks on her head. But he really loves my mom. Even the vet commented on how attached Biscuit is to my mom.

Sean, we had a Lab/Collie mix , Babs for 14years, She was the neighborhoods first dog, and she loved to get the paper, I would open the front door, say PAPER, and she would run and from about 5 feet away ponce on the paper and return it, on walks she would also pounce on any one elses paper too, and several times I had to return others papers. We both were emotional wrecks after that final ride to the vets. Fast forward about 7 months later we were going to do a simple errand that Babs would ride along. As we were going to the garage I walked past a dark pile of clothes waiting for the laundry I snapped my finger for Babs to come along, my wife turned to me just as i realized what i had done and we both started crying again, so in so many ways they are our kids, they love us and worship us and we have an empty hole when they are gone. R.I.P Tank, good dog.

I hope every one is enjoying each memory, as I am. … Thanks!

Sean, I keep having to hold back the tears. Even though I have Biscuit now, and he is a good dog, I still miss my girls. They each have their own personality, and Midget was a sweetheart.

I FIND THAT DRINKING A LOT OF WATER/BEER HELPS with hydration (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)