Large Scale Central

1 21 17

It was 65 and sunny today. This has been the most bizarre winter. So, here is a video of a short freight pulled by two dash 9’s.

Really good and realistic. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Joe Zullo said:

Really good and realistic. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

It would be better if you removed “Really good” before realistic and changed it to “well done”, “nice”, or just plain old “very good” then it would make for proper English some strive on a train modeling forum.

Shut up Rooster!

well aint that a relly good video you did, (there Rooster). Well except missing the push onto (or in to?) the siding. Did I see a new KCS hopper car in the mix? cool looking car, is it a USA or someone else make it? As always jealous of the room you have, wish I had a big yard to play in.

Wicked Awesome!!!.. hehehe (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Thanks guys!

Lo l@ cuz. Did you say old english or proper english. I thought old english came in a 40oz bottle. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Pete, yep. I think we already discussed this. But, I scored a usa trains kcs hopper. I also just received an Illinois Termial hopper. I hope to get to work on the expansion this summer. Right now it’s dubbed, Andy’s drag strip. lol.

Great video. I liked the low angles and the fact that the train had a purpose, a story. The flexing rails at the 50 second mark added to the realism.

Are the Chessie hoppers new to the roster? Will they get a bit of weathering?

Thanks Todd! I really like flexing track too. Since it doesn’t cause any issues at all, I never bothered to add more ballast.

Those Chessie hoppers are the one’s I had pre-ordered from Robby. I picked those up the day they came in…I can’t remember when though. It’s been a few months. It’s funny you mention the weathering. I hadn’t planned on it, but last weekend I set one aside to weather. I didn’t like how shiny they all are. I’ll leave one, maybe two in stock for. Take one and just knock the shine off and the last one I’ll make look used. I’ve been looking at a few prototype pictures. :smiley:

Nice , your lucky . I have a inch of frozen pine needles covering half my railroad . Did you paint the wheel bearings blue on the KCS car ? Nice touch !

Why the blue bearing/hubs Mike ?

I see them all the time locally but ain’t figured it out why just yet? Not that I care but it’s a serious detail point.

Note to Cousin Matt…“Watch Dad” he only posts on your threads as he want’s to get his hands on your livery!

" Rooster " said:

I see them all the time locally but ain’t figured it out why just yet? Not that I care but it’s a serious detail point.

Okay, listen up everybody. This is the first and only time I’ve ever been able to make a technical contribution to this railroad forum ever. (And I’ll probably be wrong about this!)

The paint is heat sensitive. When the hub overheats, the paint lets you know it has overheated.

God I hope I got that right!

I see them sometimes painted blue too. Matt has a good eye for the little details .

Another cool detail you can do is paint just one of the bearing bolts silver. Its noticeable when it rolls by. Of course you have to use a wheel with the bearing that actually spins .

John Passaro said:

" Rooster " said:

Okay, listen up everybody. This is the first and only time I’ve ever been able to make a technical contribution to this railroad forum ever. (And I’ll probably be wrong about this!)

The paint is heat sensitive. When the hub overheats, the paint lets you know it has overheated.

God I hope I got that right!

OK that makes sense especially since I mainly see it on the 55’ tank cars.

THANKS !