Large Scale Central

Some updated info on 2017 Revolution equipment

There are some changes / improvements in the Revolution Train Engineer equipment.

I’ll be adding these bits of information as I go, but thought I’d share it here until all the web sites and dealer sites get updated.

I’ve posted the pictures of the new PWC/PWM super receiver, and the new Linear one

The current capability on the PWC unit is 15 amps, and 10 amps on the linear unit.

At max current, a fan is recommended. I believe they will come with a fan.

Notice there is a housing when they were just naked boards before.

You will also note that there is no external fuse, it is now internal, and the overcurrent circuitry has been beefed up, so the external fuse is not needed.

The inputs are polarity sensitive as before, and never connect power to the outputs.

The 50791 PWC to Linear converter has also been updated to 3 terminals, but for now you also only use the outer 2 terminals on the input. I’m not sure if the 2 to 3 terminal change happened just now or a while ago.

Hope this helps.

Greg

I’ll be reorganizing my web site in the Train Engineer pages, since the Revolution is no longer an Aristo-Craft nor a Crest product.

I can also help be a conduit for questions or helping the community information store.

This link should take you to the root of the Revolution pages, but I’m moving some of the sub pages around, so have patience with me:

http://www.elmassian.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=313&Itemid=346

Also, if there are programming techniques or other helpful “how to’s” that people would like, just let me know.

Regards, Greg

Greg

Yes I know you call me a nitpicker but the 3 terminal on the output are not new they have been there before 2014 a long with the internal fuse . the only physical difference I can

see is the studs to mount a fan.

Richard

Yeah, not having the previous versions I did not know that, and thank you for being a nitpicker!

Then the only change is that they revised the filter to have 3 terminals, but I don’t know if that happened with the new company, or a while ago.

I do have pictures of both versions on my site.

It’s actually more than just the studs, right? The previous super receivers had no housing.

I’ll update my site. I’ve updated the post above.

Thanks again Richard.

Greg

Greg

The first did not have a housing but since before 2014 they have, that is when that 3rd screw showed up and the internal fuse. Like i said just the posts are different, i think for a fan.

Richard

Greg

What have you heard about the USB? I was told it is in the mail but he has taken down the other sounds and up grades.

Richard

Yes, mine came with the fan, they are waiting on a specific fan to come in that optimizing the airflow.

I did not realize that they had added the housing later and will try to get the dates, likewise the fuse change.

The usb is operational, and apparently the software to run it on a pc, waiting for the release of the files, but the first may be the current firmware for the transmitters.

Initially, I do not think there will be any more than the stock diesel and stock steam.

What feature are you specifically looking for?

Greg

double post

Greg Elmassian said

The usb is operational, and apparently the software to run it on a pc, waiting for the release of the files, but the first may be the current firmware for the transmitters.

Initially, I do not think there will be any more than the stock diesel and stock steam.

What feature are you specifically looking for?

/Greg

The ability to change from steam to diesel or change the horn sounds on different diesel. He had the files posted but he pulled them,Why?

Richard

Don’t know Richard, but I will find out.

He had links posted, but there were no real files there, the downloader exe was there and working.

It should be any day now.

Um, I know you will be able to download either file, but I think all that exists now is the 2 files (steam and diesel) that existed before.

I have not seen any new files or sounds mentioned yet. I don’t remember if they fixed the defective grade crossing sequence.

Greg

Files and Programs are on the Revo site now under support

Richard

What I found in the zip file was 9 files:

2 files for the linear base station (looks like diesel and steam)

3 files for the onboard receiver (2 diesels and one steam)

2 files for the PWC base station (looks like diesel and steam)

2 files for the transmitter, and they are pretty small, updates of some sort…

I think I’ll see if I can get the descriptions, and there really should be a text file in the zip file describing each file.

The programmer zip file just has the executable… I think a manual in that zip file would be good too.

Greg

yes that is what i found Greg and i totally agree with your last statement.

richard

USB Programming Procedures are now on line under support

cheers Richard

Well, they certainly are trying to get things on line… that is a good sign. Also, I’ve been getting really good response from Navin, and I know he must be swamped.

Nice to see this proceeding.

Greg

Yes it is a good sign. My usb is in the mail.

cheers Richard

Did you get any clarification or confirmation on the files I listed?

Greg

No Greg I did not, thought I would wait on till I had the stick in hand no mail today hope tomorrow. I hooked up a PWC super base It has the same foot print as the crest. The studs on top lineup with a 80x80 fan perfectly. I had a passive PWC to Linear board from crest it also has the three terminals on the input side that middle terminal hooks to one of outer terminals it bypasses the choke but has some resistors in line.

I put in a new Revolution 2.4GHz DSSS On Board w/diesel sound the board it self is a exact copy of the crest i could not tell the difference, same numbers on all of the components and the board. Now the sounds, the basic sound is the same but the horn has been changed, 3 long the last is a little short space long all are clear and sharp. There is some added brake sounds when you slow down that the crest did not have.

cheers

Richard

The 57091 came two ways, you have the later one

Earlier below:

The nubs for mounting the fan are a standard, but I’m wondering about airflow… the fan makes a breeze downwards, but where does the exhaust go? In the small gap between the fan bottom and the case top? I’ll be interested in your observations. I have some recommendations in to Precision RC, but I want to do some thermal tests myself first.

Nice to hear the sound file is a bit improved. What we really need is a single horn blast, and then another function for the crossing sequence. I think they got the crossing sequence wrong on both the diesel and the steam.

Be looking forwards to your observations and results of downloads. Really would like confirmation on what I think the sound files are, but I think they are pretty good guesses ha ha!

Greg

USB are out and on the street. Like Greg said no new files. Files that are there are the old sound and the current sound no upgrades and I was not able to change a base from steam to diesel. So till they put up new files don’t bother getting one just my opinion.

cheers richard