Large Scale Central

A couple of EBT related structures

I just finished these recently so I thought I would post then here. Both are in 1/24. First up is a station which is based on the Pennsylvania Railroad station in Mount Union circa 1870-1880. I liked the look and created a sketch based on door sizes for the scale then modified it so I would not need to splice the Precision siding sheets. The one end and back sides were pure speculation and I substituted brick chimneys for the metal vents. The model is a coroplast building and the windows were done from scratch. The doors are modified Grandt Line doors, I made the transoms larger. It doesn’t have an interior but did line the interior with stained scribed wood so it would look finished when lit at night.

The prototype

My rendition

Note the station will be mounted on a concrete cap block for a base when placed on the layout, said block is currently frozen to the ground.

Next up is the freight office at Rockhill, I measured the building on one of my many trips there and the model is build to the prototype dimensions. The prototype

My rendition is a foam core building and I made some modifications. First I assumed the side with the man door was the public side and the side with just the one large door was the track side. I wanted the man door side to face the track so I flipped things around. I also made the loading platforms full length. The windows are modified Grandt line parts (shortened) and the man door (which is boarded over in the proto photo) is also from Grandt Line. The chimney is scratch and the steps are from Plastruct.

Both will be planted on the layout come spring. Thanks for looking !

Looks good Gary…what’s the foot print of those?

Them there are right purdy.

Will foam core hold up outdoors?

Ken, the station is 15" x 7" and the freight office is 20" x 10" not counting the platforms. Maynard the sand house and tank house in this photo are both foam core (the blue insulation stuff) have been outside for over 10 years with no signs of deterioration of the internal foam core structure

Oh, you mean blue insulation foam. Not the white Foam Core™ from the craft store. Ok.

Gary

Very nice looking buildings, they will look great on your layout

Jerry

Cool. Very nice! (Bring 'em to York?)

Very nice. They will look good on the layout.

Nice work Gary.

Gonna look right fine there Bro. Nice work. real nice finish on the roof panels (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

This post has been edited by : Moderator … blank post

Hey, Those are sharp Gary! Really like how they turned out, and they definitely capture the flavor. Neat to see something from Mount union modeled, especially a station. Like that sand-house too. I like Bruce’s thinking, even though I haven’t committed to York yet this year.

I am under a 2 year contract with…Oh, you mean the ECLSTS. My mistake.

Excellent work! Very well done!