Large Scale Central

Freight Sheds any tutorials? Advice?

As some of you know for many years now I have kept my photos on the 1st Class area of MLS. However this storage vanished along with all my photos and the new owners are not exactly exuding confidence that they are going to resolve the situation in a timely manner or in any manner whatsoever.

So are there any threads that give a decent overview of what’s and how’s of using the Freight Sheds and/or Albums? With the Miks Challenge coming up I’m going to be using one of these to document the project. I have set up both but I am still very confused by alot of the differences. Thanks.

My same question. No answers for us? Buehler? Buehler?

Jack

Can’t figure out a simple thing like putting my logo into my signature. The funny part is, I don’t recall inserting the text part. What the heyyyyyy?!?!*

• Uncle Miltie. That’s before your time.

1st we like pics to be 800 pixels wide, not a compressed full billion byte pic … reason; it takes mobile too long to d/l.

I use a free picture viewing program called Faststone and it’s editor to reduce prior to uploading so I can save space in my shed.

Getting in is simple click on Freight Shed and then manage my folders… you can upload several at a time by browsing.

After they have been saved open a pic and since I use Firefox I copy the location (of the pic) and paste that into the mountain/moon icon pop up box. OK and the internal elves make a copy of the pic and it gets posted! Tap on Enter (keyboard) to move cursor below just displayed pic.

If you open a dialogue box to reply /post in, clicking on the Freight Shed opens a new tab and it’s easy to go through your pics, select one and place it on the other tab/page…

Note you can open to full size (4 arrows) which makes the page layout easier to manage, after you reduce, you’ll need to scroll down to find your posting as the screen goes to the top of the page…

For your profile; at the very top of the page, in grey; Updates. Home and My Profile, open it, then under your avatar is the edit profile button which takes you to all your options.

If you need further help ask.

John

John - I hope you don’t mind being contacted on this forum. I haven’t had the time to see about PMs yet.

I still can’t get my logo into my signature. I downloaded it into a Freight Shed file can “capture” the address, then go to Settings, then Signature, paste it into the box and end up with another circle with line thru it. Possibly my actual jpg is too small?? Just 3 meg as I recall - 75x78 pixel size (after all, this is just a logo in my signature, not a billboard.) I always resize my jpg’s to 800 before I upload them for Internet use; maybe I resized the resize?

JackM (as I am/was known back at MLS)

Please understand that I often find many website things to be counterintuitive. True: My first few visits here, I never visited “Freight Shed”, although I did say to myself that "one of these days, I must upload a pic of my St. Louis Union Station-inspired Lexan freight shed" where I store all my rolling stock during the summer months. Sometimes I’m a mite too literal; thanks for your help.

click on my avatar opens my profile and has a send message link.

I’d ask somebody that has done it, I’m rather plain…

I’m having the same issue as Jack re the signature, nothing works to update mine. I entered a completely new tag line and image and zip! Won’t update, still have the old tag and empty image box.