Large Scale Central

CN GP38-2W

The only local railroad freight operations I get to see close by is a short line that runs about a kilometer from my house. The operation until a few years ago was by the Ottawa Central using RS18 but has now been taken over by CN. The power is usually a rather sad looking GP40-2W showing some of the sergeant stripes paint scheme used in the 70s and 80s. This was always a favorite of mine and a nice departure from the 50-60s schemes I usually run. I was able to pick up a used GP38-2 that would be the basis for this project. Prototype Model Industries still produce a CN Safety Cab for large scale, it is a very basic unit but the only one available. The following photos will take us through the project so far.

Looking good Steve.

Shane

Some of the other projects I’ve done that also reflect the Canadian Prototype I like to model. The Ottawa Central loco was based on the RS18 used a LGB Alco shell mounted on a shortened U-boat, it at least gives the flavour I was looking for. The SD40-2W was one of those projects that was too good a deal to pass on.

Nice work so far Steve!

I don’t model the Canadian stuff but I am familiar with it and certainly appreciate it.

Will follow this thread for any updates.

The RS18 and the SD40-2W looks good Steve, but the first photos didn’t show up for me.

OK, so it must be my computer or internet because now I can see the original photos. Your project looks great.