Large Scale Central

Llagas Cr. older 250 tie strips produce under-gauge track?

Began playing with some used Llagas Creek 250 track I picked up. Am only thinking of using a few feet of it going into a mini diorama segment I’m planning. The 250 size works for what I want to present; rest of what I run is 332 brass Aristo. However, I notice as I assemble their rail into their older manufactured 4-tie per section tie strips that the gauge it produces is about 1/32nd more narrow than anything else I have around here. The first few pieces of rolling stock I tried on it do not seem to object to the difference, but I thought I’d ask here if anyone else has encountered this.

I figure if someone on this forum has come across this he’d remember right away. Might be a problem for long wheel base equipment and or trucks to negotiate on curves, not sure what else it would do.

??? Comments welcome, thanks, Dennis

I’ve used a couple of their switch kits, but never noticed the gauge on them. Then again I never had a problem with them. The tie strips I got from them were from MicroEngineering and again didn’t check the gauge, but neither did I have any problems with them.

I’ve run B’manns K-27 and other engines through them quite a bit.

Dennis, shoot me an email:

[email protected]

Bryan:

I just sent you a photo via my iPhone. Let me know if you receive it and/or if it is good enough for you to be able to see what might be helpful.

Thanks, Dennis