Large Scale Central

Any updates on REVO?

I have three Dash 9s and two SD 45s that are next in line for updating to battery/RC. Has anybody heard anything about the - ummm - revival of REVO? Rumors, gouge, straight scoop, fact? Should I wait awhile for REVO, or go with Airwire, since I’m already moderately invested in that.

REVO should be back in stock in January.

Steve I would wait. I have had airwire scene the 10 came out but i started to have interference at shows. Just had the chance to get 4 revo’s so i did it.

easy to put in and i also put in a phoenix in one, works real well. I was first told dec. but was also told Jan. now.

cheers Richard

Nico Corbo said:

And we know this how?

David Maynard said:

Nico Corbo said:

And we know this how?

I’ve heard the same thing, from a reliable source, however, time will tell…

We can all hope. I too have more locos to convert. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

Last I heard was over on MLS from Joe Mascitti:

"Will be in January with a new feature to make life easier for some…

Stay tuned. We should all be very grateful to Navin for caring so much about the hobby and all us big kids. "

Hope this is true. I have been able to buy two units from dealers for projects this month, and one dealer has listed them as back in stock so they must think this will happen.

New feature? So, did they finally…

We will have to wait and see.

All this mysterious “new feature” and “trust me” stuff about a product that has overpromised and underdelivered in the past does NOT give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Bob McCown said:
All this mysterious “new feature” and “trust me” stuff about a product that has overpromised and underdelivered in the past does NOT give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

But you should be used to that by now!

Their track record does not inspire much confidence, does it? (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

So Bob, why don’t you tell us how you really feel? (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Like any consumer products, (ie. model railway) when it is rolling down the rails operating as spec’d, is the moment that really counts !

Too many consumer products are “overpromised” and “underdelivered” ! Look at recent, couple smartie phones, cars with exploding air bag containments, self-driving cars/semi-trucks/locomotives, ehh !?

doug c

Okay, I admit it, I’m an idiot. Is REVO the same as my Train Engineer 2.4, and why can’t I get a replacement screen for mine?

It’s the same…

Lots of different names!

You might try contacting Navin about getting a screen replaced… But I just ended up buying a new one to replace my bad screen.

John Passaro said:

Okay, I admit it, I’m an idiot. Is REVO the same as my Train Engineer 2.4, and why can’t I get a replacement screen for mine?

John- I am not sure what may be wrong with your screen but we had a failure with one of the club’s Revolution transmitters and it turned out to be a bad connection at the socket - I opened the latch up and reinserted the cable and it is 100% again.

dave

Thanks Bruce and David…I’ll try the connection David shows and if that doesn’t work I’ll call Navin. I have his telephone number from Renee at Reindeer Pass.

The only thing I’m not really willing to do is get gouged by guys trying to take advantage of the scarcity by charging $275-300 for a transmitter. I’ll keep using my half-working screen before I do that.

John - to re-seat the cable CAREFULLY pull the black part of the connector down (as seen in my photo) - squarely reinsert the cable as far as possible then slide the black part (a latch of sorts) back up - hopefully it will do the trick… at least it did for me

good luck!

dave

Hmmm, wonder if the one I have has the same problem… The screen light comes on, but nothing shows on the screen… Was this way right out of the box a few weeks ago…

Andy - that is the exact symptom that the one I worked on displayed - give it a shot!

dave

David Bodnar said:

John - to re-seat the cable CAREFULLY pull the black part of the connector down (as seen in my photo) - squarely reinsert the cable as far as possible then slide the black part (a latch of sorts) back up - hopefully it will do the trick… at least it did for me

good luck!

dave

Thanks dave that is just like the ribbon connector on a laptop

cheers