Large Scale Central

Gondola Loads

I build a small battery powered train to run around a tree in my yard (see Facebook page "Sacramento Valley Garden Railway Society). After finishing it and running it for a few hours, I decided to hide the electronics with loads. I designed two loads in Tinkercad and 3D printed them. The extended gondola load is halves of the plastic wheels we all have, while the second load is a cover for coiled steel.

Very nice!

Interesting wouldn’t have thought to print them. It’s a good idea. Are the solid or just thin shells.?

Devon Sinsley said:
Interesting wouldn’t have thought to print them. It’s a good idea. Are the solid or just thin shells.?

Devon Sinsley said:

They are thin shells (about 4mm thick) because I’ve got electronic stuff beneath them – battery pack beneath the coil steel car, remote control beneath the wheel car.

That’s just a great idea Dick. I have an issue on my little Porter with the load being to short for the battery. These printed loads could be a great way to give more room. Nice idea.