Large Scale Central

Aristo craft Lil' Critter motor mount assembly

Does anyone know the making of the motor mount for this one truck engine. I thought the gear on the axle was possibly broken and i opened the truck when i put the truck back together the motor won’t turn and wiggle the axle without the gear but the end with universal joints the motor will.spin. as if the motor has to sit a special way. If I put power directly to the motor it will.spin no problem at all if I put power to the wheels and the thin small wire along the sides are intact. It will spin sometimes not always. Sure could use some help because this is the same truck that is on my doodlebug and my u-25 and believe my f units as well.

1. I’m having a little difficulty understanding exactly what you are asking.
  2. What happens if you apply power to the wheels?
  3. Do you have power pickup on all 4 wheels working?
  4. Are you saying that when you apply power that the floppy axle turns but not the fixed one?

Greg

Hi Greg. I actually got some information off of George Schreyer’s Site Aristo Power Brick Tune Up. When I put the wires to the wheels only 3 of the four wheels pick up power lights come on but the motor will not turn unless you play with the armature of the universal joint wheels and then it will start kind of. I put power directly to the motor spins just find, I read that the adjustments rod and screws, and bushings sounds really confusing, I finally get it to go mount the truck brick back on and then nothing again, I can’t believe how sensitive these are. I am still trying to get this done