Large Scale Central

Youtube videos broken

Something has happened to cause embedded Youtube videos to load over and over again, causing blinking and instability. Looking into what may have caused it.

Ive cleaned up the Bluerail thread noise about this issue.

More news when I have any.

Not just Utube, Bob. Several threads with pics blink for me. (Mac latest OS)

Having the same problem.

Blinking problems here, too. Also a MAC user. Not sure if that matters.

-Kevin.

Mac in use as well. Blink is a problem!

This is why you should switch from Mac power to PC operations. I have done the Mac myself but went to PC and never looked back. Steve is deceased these days and Bill is tired of it all. Technically Steve and Bill could have both made modifications to their motor blocks. Perhaps they should have checked the backspacing while manufacturing their products.

A container ship is headed to the east coast with the necessary supplies as I write this

Rooster, Mac vs PC, Track power vs battery power, boxers vs briefs…these are discussions that lead to arguments, that lead hurt feelings, that lead to locked threads, that lead to people being banned.

I’m just saying…

Bob,

I don’t know what you did to fix it, but this morning all is working with YouTube video embedding. Thanks.

So Bob, what was it? Did Youtube change something or did an update to the board software bite you?

If I were to guess, it was an update. I’ve had lots of fun at work with forced Windows updates that not only consume a half hour or more before the user can log-in in the morning, but also break things like creating folders on a Windows server. That one was a known update bug for months and they still push out the update.

Silence …

Andrew Moore said:

Silence …

Give him a break Andrew - Bob doesn’t live on this forum.

Daktah John said:

So Bob, what was it? Did Youtube change something or did an update to the board software bite you?

If I were to guess, it was an update. I’ve had lots of fun at work with forced Windows updates that not only consume a half hour or more before the user can log-in in the morning, but also break things like creating folders on a Windows server. That one was a known update bug for months and they still push out the update.

Then Microsoft asks me to fill out a survey after they break my computer, and they wonder why I gave them such a low number…Huh?

Jon,

Maybe Andrew meant that you should be silent and not ask what it was that caused it, ya think? (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Oh! I didn’t take it that way. But that way it makes so much more sense.

It looks like it was an option for the new Freight Shed module, to be able to interact with the forums better. Turned it off for now and filed a bug report.

And, no, I dont live on the forums, nor do I read every thread. I’ve always stated any messages to me can have a 24-48 hour window. Posts in the forums may go unnoticed for longer than that.