Large Scale Central

My freight shed

Sorry, I know it has changed.

But I can’t remember if I need to renew. I have no freight shed now.

I found the old shed “old FS”.

I created a new folder in the new FS. How do I add a pic to it?

Go into the folder. There will be a link at the top

Hey John, Just open the new folder you created. You can click “manage my folders” to go right to your folders. Once in your folder choose the “upload file” button along the top. Then click “choose files” to browse your computer for new images to upload. Hope this helps.

When I click on my new folder, nothing happens. I don’t get the screen Bob showed me.

OK, I got it. I was clicking on the folder icon, not the name of the folder.

Once you guys get it all figured out, and tell each other how, I will start using mine. Since I am eavesdropping, Yunz are also telling me how to work mine.

Thanks guys.

OK so what happened to all the photos we already had up loaded to our freight shed? Are they still loaded someplace or are they all lost?

Chuck Inlow said:

OK so what happened to all the photos we already had up loaded to our freight shed? Are they still loaded someplace or are they all lost?

Top of the page all the way over on the right…“OLD FS”

Ya’ll see, I’ll be reaching the big “70” next spring, and I don’t learn so good anymore.

I just got the old FS figured out and Bob goes and changes it. :slight_smile:

Looks pretty straight forward, of course, I haven’t tried using it yet(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

OK, I go into this new freight shed and it opens on a page that shows a whole bunch of files by different people that I can open and see. That is cool I guess, but doesn’t help me upload my own pictures. I click on “manage my folders” and it says “create one” OK, create one what? will my pictures be viewable only to me in the Freight shed or on an open forum like I first click into?

“Manage shared links” What the h–l is that? and is it something I should want to use or do I need it? Who would I be sharing links with and what links would they be. these new programs are great but it sure would help if they came with a little guidance for old fossils like myself.

Everybody seems concerned about “how to post a picture”, well that is important, but what about how all the rest of it works and what it does, and what results can be expected. Some people that don’t spend all their time learning, working with , and understanding computer programming and such, would still like to know before jumping into the deep end.

Am I the only one here that doesn’t know how this all works? If so just let me know and I will go away quietly. If not, maybe someone could step up and do a tutorial on how to utilize the new freight shed to the best advantage.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Rick

I wasn’t worried about that other stuff, so it really doesn’t bother me…

I will venture that social media is probably responsible for terms we don’t know. So if it’s important to your million FB fans they will want the links that you Share!

I 'm sure a younger voice will inform.

John

Rick Marty said:

OK, I go into this new freight shed and it opens on a page that shows a whole bunch of files by different people that I can open and see. That is cool I guess, but doesn’t help me upload my own pictures. I click on “manage my folders” and it says “create one” OK, create one what? will my pictures be viewable only to me in the Freight shed or on an open forum like I first click into?

“Manage shared links” What the h–l is that? and is it something I should want to use or do I need it? Who would I be sharing links with and what links would they be. these new programs are great but it sure would help if they came with a little guidance for old fossils like myself.

Everybody seems concerned about “how to post a picture”, well that is important, but what about how all the rest of it works and what it does, and what results can be expected. Some people that don’t spend all their time learning, working with , and understanding computer programming and such, would still like to know before jumping into the deep end.

Am I the only one here that doesn’t know how this all works? If so just let me know and I will go away quietly. If not, maybe someone could step up and do a tutorial on how to utilize the new freight shed to the best advantage.

Rick

Nah, don’t go away Rick. You just described what I was thinking. I too would be thankful for a succinct guideline on what the features are and how to use them, not to mention how to upload pictures now that you can’t in the old freight shed. Usually, computers are self-explanatory for me, but this one isn’t as much.

Rick Marty said:

Rick

N/A

I don’t have the energy to write a tutorial at the moment - been putting in way too many hours for a dude as old as me (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

I checked out the new FS and I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Every drop-down is labeled as to what it is for. No one can delete your files, or upload to your folders unless you specifically give permission using the drop downs.

To get a URL of just the image; click on the file name in your FS then use your browser’s “view image” function to see just the image without the background page. Copy that URL and it’s the same as before to post…

Jon,

Not trying to create a “fuss” but even a freeking tire pump comes with a set of instructions .

Just saying!

Rick

Thanks for the notes John. I was getting worried too when my initial attempts with the new fs wouldn’t work, but your advice fixed it:

click on the file name in your FS then use your browser’s “view image” function to see just the image without the background page. Copy that URL

With chrome, after you “click on the file name”, I found that right-clicking / selecting “copy image address” worked to get a usable link.

Bob, thanks so much for all your work maintaining and upgrading the site. I expect there are great reasons for the new FS, but here’s my questions.

• Will the old FS files remain, and retain functional links?
  • My old FS says “(expires 4/20/2017)”. Is that the date when all old FS files go away, or merely when my subscription is due?
  • If the latter, do old FS files get deleted if I don’t get my payment in in time?
  • Is there a way to merge old FS files with the new, perhaps in newly organized folders under the new FS?

Best regards,

Cliff

When I have time Ill do some more screen shots, but it really isn’t much different than what you’re all used to. You create folders, upload your files and then go find out the link to the picture.

I had a laundry list of suggestions from you guys for the Freight Sheds. A big one was browsing peoples Freight Sheds. Now you can.

Let me address concerns I’ve received in email, and in this thread.

Your old Freight Shed will not get deleted. Merging them isn’t going to happen, its a technical nightmare to do it.

The date on the old Freight Shed is your expiry date of the paid Freight Shed subscription. I will be bringing this forward to the new Freight Sheds soon.

You have the ability to create PRIVATE folders in your shed, that wont show up when someone browses them. Anyone cannot delete your pictures, unless you specifically give a group of people permission to do it when you create the folder. When you create a folder, look at the settings for Privacy viewing, Privacy editing, etc.

The same suggestion guidelines we’ve always had still apply to folder and file names. If you create folders with punctuation, or odd characters, it may not work correctly. Suggestion has always been “Don’t do that”.

Thanks for the explanation, and your work, Bob.

Thank you for the guidence