Large Scale Central

New Freight Sheds- Pic posting issue

I think I have a new freight shed. Is there a new system for posting pictures into a thread? I can still access my old FS and it seems like I can still use the old pics that are in it, but the new FS only allows me to upload pics to it- once they are uploaded, I can’t use them in a thread the way I used to. Did I miss something? Did the rules change? Did I miss a required club meeting? Last time I missed a required club meeting, you guys changed the secret handshake and now I still do it the old way. Send help… S O S.

-Kevin.

Guess we need to get a hold of Bob McC. to, also find out how to save our stuff in the old Frt. Shed to the new one. So maybe we don’t lose our photos before the time runs out in 2017.

Hate to have to go thru one photo at a time to change or copy them.

And we need a new “how to” thread on how to use the new one.

I used it today, same as before. Open and name a folder.> Browse and ok a pic, repeat if any> upload> open folder> open pic > with FF, a right click on open image> copy image location>paste that in icon popup box >ok> there you go.

edit: I used 2 tabs one for pics and the other with the editor open. Simple, like me, to transfer from one page to other, except I closed wrong tab and had to do twice!

If I could, then a 6 year old can. Your mileage may vary.

John

So, how do you upload pictures in the Old FS? I don’t see anywhere to do that. What am I missing?

John Caughey said:

I used it today, same as before. Open and name a folder.> Browse and ok a pic, repeat if any> upload> open folder> open pic > with FF, a right click on open image> copy image location>paste that in icon popup box >ok> there you go.

edit: I used 2 tabs one for pics and the other with the editor open. Simple, like me, to transfer from one page to other, except I closed wrong tab and had to do twice!

If I could, then a 6 year old can. Your mileage may vary.

John

So John …you are saying just copy the 25 folders I have in my old Frt. shed and paste them in the new Frt. shed after I have made a folder. Right?

Darn… now lost the new folder?? That didn’t work moving files. Guess have to start over and make another folder from scratch. Think we’ll just wait until the bugs are out so not to lose old photo that are on older posts.

Hey guys, I believe Bob Said the old FS would remain with all it’s picture intact. You just won’t be able to add to the old FS anymore.

Here is a picture from mine that I posted the same old way:

You will just have to post any new pictures in the new FS.

Edit to add: I just went in and created a folder in the new FS. I uploaded and posted this in exactly the same way:

Kevin, I have a feeling you may have just been mousing over the link seeing the thumbnail come up and right clicking for the “copy image address” option. Beware now it’s only “copy LINK address” which only puts a link in your post. You have to double click to open the picture then right click on the picture for “copy image address”

Let’s see if this works…

(http://largescalecentral.com/filesharing/file/view/43/img-5505-jpg)

-Kevin.

NOPE!

-Kevin.

Randy is correct, you do not have to copy any of your files, the old Freight Sheds will stay where they are, you just cant upload to them any more.

Posting a picture works the same way. Find the picture you want, copy the link (right click on PC, control click on OSX) and copy the image location, and paste it into the add image box in the editor.

Okay, so I clicked “Freight Sheds.” It used to open a new, separate window with my pics in the OLD FS (so- “Reply” window would remain open and I’d get a separate “Freight Shed” window). Now, when I click FS, no more “Reply” window- just “Freight Shed” window. I clicked on my only pic in NEW FS and copied the code in the box (“Command C”- I’m a MAC user), then pasted the code in the “Insert/edit image” box just like I used to. And… well all I got was a picture of a blue box with a “?” in it (See above). There must be something different about the new system or maybe you guys just don’t like my ridiculous pictures anymore (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif). Perhaps it is not MAC friendly?

-Kevin.

Edited because Benevolent Bob gave me the answer while i was in the midst of posting this. So, I guess you could probably just ignore this post.

Okay, one more time…

I opened image in FS, “Control” clicked image, scrolled down to “Copy image address” and POOF!! All is good!!!

A big “THANKS” for all the help!

-Kevin.

Kevin, you are close. The first post you made after mine is the “link” I spoke about. I can right click that and it gives me an option to open the picture in a new tab. I did, it’s a very nice bell.

Just make sure to open the picture in the new FS. Then right click (two finger tap for mac) you’ll get the drop down window that says “copy IMAGE address” once you paste that in the same box (the “source” field of the image insert button) you’ll be set.

Yep, thanks again Randy. All is good. I’m certain that all of this has to do something with an old dog and a new trick. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

-Kevin.

Testing this

Here is my take on it.

The new FS does not automatically open in a new tab like the old one did.

I have to scroll to my folder. Not a problem now but could be once the number of users goes up.

The pic has to be opened then right clicked to get the “Copy link location” option. In the old FS I only had to scroll over the file name.

To post pictures in chat you have to delete the extraneous address information at the end (everything after “jpg”) and the privacy setting for viewing has to be set to “Public”.

I agree Kevin is an old dog… :slight_smile:

I’ve changed the menu item to open in a new window.

Instead of scrolling through everybody’s folders, you can go to your own “Manage my folders”

Boomer K. said:

Testing this

At least we know your guillotine works just fine.

Those are my new standing figure bodies John. That is the long sleeve shirt version. There will soon be an overalls and winter coat versions. I cast the heads separate so I can swap them around easier. Of course maybe they are just headless because I like them that way…

Rumor: Some of those castings may show up on the prize list for Miks Build Challenge 2017…but don’t loose your head trying to figure out which ones. Only the Boomer knows for sure…mwahah…mwahahahhaha…MWAAHAHAHAHHAA!!!