Large Scale Central

More of Taos&CD Structures

I’ve been trying to capture some night photos of the layout, but have had difficulty with focus on the camera. I’m gonna try again this evening with my Canon 5dII. I think the focus is better than my E-X1. Anyway, the first image below is my finally completed Green Street House (copied from Silverton, CO. I started on 15 years ago and never got around to finishing. RRAve models are/were great, but I think they’re hard to get now. The second image is the Texaco station which is also from a vendor that no longer produces. Shame. They both were great kits.

Green Street House

Texaco Station

This last image is simply a shot of a couple of AMS coaches on a siding waiting to be picked up. I was trying to get the illuminated interior, but too much evening light. Will try again.

AMS's on Siding

Don’t mean to bore, but I’m having fun grabbing images without having to crawl around on my knees. Great. More later as I get them. Thanks for looking.

Some nice buildings and shots…

I like the atmosphere of the row of houses picture.

Looks nice Richard. Making a wide spot for the buildings makes it look nice.

Rich

They are very nice looking structures and how you have them laid out

Dennis

Great looking scene, Rich. It really blends well with the 1:1 scale scenery in the background.

-Kevin.

Thanks for the complements guys. Still much more to do. More structures to install as I repaint and repair them and landscaping around the Benchwork supports and up on top. Been following the lighting thread with interest. Everyone has their approach. I think I will use PV and small led panels in the structures. Easy to wire and connect. Exterior lighting will be led light strands also connected to the PV system. Power needs will be low and easy to install. More as I progress. At least now, I’m able to run trains again!

if i would leave the indoors, i would like to have something similar to your layout.

Rich Niemeyer said:
At least now, I’m able to run trains again!

It’s just about one of the best things in the world, isn’t it?

Everything is looking great Rich, very well carried out, and, please, bore us with a lot more pictures.