Large Scale Central

WWI Western Front. Diorama 1/32

Hello. !
As some respectable members of this forum ask me about more pics from my dioramas…
Just a few pictures of my last work. Still in progress not finished yet.

Long ago, I saw a picture where a scene from the First World War appears. In this scene saw an industrial area with a locomotive and some very damaged vehicles. As I have been unable to locate the aforementioned photo, I made the diorama from my memory. ( more or less )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like it.
Regards.

Xavier

Excellent! You have a great eye and a lot of patience!

Thanks for sharing.

John

Wow, So nice. Thanks for sharing.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

looks very believable.

how did you the rust on boiler and cabin roof?

Looks like the end of The Train (1964) with Burt Lancaster.

Again fantastic detail. I wonder, is it harder to model wreckage than normal stuff. In the few attempts in the model car days that I tried to model old dilapidated cars I found I couldn’t do it. Much harder to make believable. You are doing a very nice job

Yes, I agree, your work is excellent. Back in June, my wife and I spent a few days in Quebec City, Quebec. In one of the shops, the owner had dioramas of battle fields dating from Roman times to the present. I particularly liked his WWI scenes. I’m finding that that era has become rather interesting to me.

Thanks guys !
If I have a little time, I’m pleased to make some small tutorial about rust and weathering.

The WWI is a very interesting period 'cause the gap between old and new engineering was in this period. So, we can see things like the first tanks and airplanes, beside to first dreadnought ships. And also trains and locomotives have remarkable evolution.

Regards

wow I thought I was looking at the real thing. Just amazing work.

Xavier,

Your work is incredible!

Thank you very much guys. !