Large Scale Central

Website question

1. how can I delete a message in a thread?

2. how can I upload videos to this website?

There is no message delete function. You can edit, then replace all the text with one character or the word Deleted.

Re video upload - are you referring to putting video in your freight shed, then posting it from there? It can be done with some formats. I finally got it to work a while back. I’ll need to go back and see how I did it. Uploading to the freight shed is easy; same as a photo. It’s the posting part that is a little tricky.

For my tests the video is in .MP4 format hosted at my website. This should also work from an LSC Freight shed but you might need a web.config file to tell browsers how to render the file. I can supply one if needed.

Step 1 - Host the .mp4 file somewhere… This one is hosted at http://lsc.cvsry.com/Video/

Step 2 - Press the Insert / Edit video button on the top line of LSC’s editor

Step 3 - Paste the entire URL of the video into the Source field on the General tab of dialog box that pops up. I don’t fill in anything else or change the defaults.

Step 4 - Press OK.

Step 5 - Immediately Press POST Topic. Do not make any changes anywhere in the message, or the video may not play. I’vve also found that going back and editing the message will kill the video.

Result: