Large Scale Central

C-19 installation

Instead of stealing Joe’s thread, I figure I’d start my own. The rest of the bits for my C19 showed up yesterday. Now to fit all this in there, without anything meeting the Razor Saw of Doom.

This should be a nice thread to watch.

Keep up with the pics Bob!

August 5th is right around the corner!

Have you tested loco before filling up that void?

Mine worked on track power before adding battery.

I just plugged in the Receiver first.

I think someone upgraded the speaker before doing all the rest besides the RX test.

Looking forward to the progress pics.

Battery attached right to the battery connector, and Revo plugs right in (and works). Instead of screwing with getting the Revo sound to work, next up is the Revo-to-Phoenix-to-C19 connections. Somewhere in my stuff is a better speaker, but danged if I can find it right now.

Bob,

better speaker to go with the Phoenix is a must.

Al P.

Found the speaker. Puzzling out what to connect to where on the Phoenix. At least I found the power connections.

Glad you bought a yellow one, won’t be any cornfusion over whose is whose…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Installation on those things is easy and pretty straight forward…first one I ever did that worked right off the bat.

I tried a couple of different speakers till I found one I liked.

Think I have it sussed out. Just had to match wires from the Revo plug to the Phoenix. Before I solder them all up, I need to figure out the layout of all the pieces, and get some more heat-shrink tubing.

I personally vote for the “Razor Saw of Doom” !

Don’t cut the purple wire either.

Paul Norton has a nice write up on how to add Phoenix P8 to a very similar K27.

Shows nice color pictures, too.

OVGRS K27 with P8

I do not know about the Chuff circuit for the C19-if needed or not.

All the wires soldered together and shrink wrapped. The chuff sensor worked when soldered directly to the PCB.

Now to build a couple mounting boards, tidy up the wiring, and close up the tender.

What a mess! you need to bundle up them there wires Bob.

Good eye Maynard

David Maynard said:

What a mess! you need to bundle up them there wires Bob.

About eighteen wire ties later…

Rooster, in a past life…um, I mean, in a past job, I used to make wiring harnesses. If I put something like that in front of the QC inspector, he would have laughed his butt off, and then “failed” the assembly.

Unrestrained wires have a nasty tendency to try and get between parts or covers during assembly. Or get involved with moving parts after assembly.

David Maynard said:

Rooster, in a past life…um, I mean, in a past job, I used to make wiring harnesses. If I put something like that in front of the QC inspector, he would have laughed his butt off, and then “failed” the assembly.

Unrestrained wires have a nasty tendency to try and get between parts or covers during assembly. Or get involved with moving parts after assembly.

Ok Buddy