Large Scale Central

FYI Train Show July Pomona Ca 7-30-16 & 7-31-16

FYI Train Show July Pomona Ca 7-30-16 & 7-31-16

Just posting to let people know there is a train show coming end of this month for those of us in the Los Angeles area. This will be at the Fairplex in Pomona on July 30 & 31. The Fairplex Garden Layout is also open during the show

http://trainshow.com/pomona/

No, I won’t be displaying any layouts this time, can’t commit to 2 days. So I will be going Saturday AM and plan to hit the sales tables.

A train show with no pizza??? Say it isn’t so!

Greg

Couple things this time around. Without the Door Hollow it’s hard to get a relief to help watch the layout when I need a break. I’ve done shows with no help at all and it was not a good time. Also the Borracho is still embargoed inside the garage, and after selling the Angry Beaver I only have the Heckawe pizza. It’s simply not worth the time and effort to get there, set up, an then be there for 2 days. Also that Sunday is 99% certain I will be holding the end of a tape measure somewhere in the valley. I am definitely planning to do the next Costa Mesa show.

Well Pomona is only a 400 mile ride for me, I may try to make it there to snag a deal or 2.

That’s only a 2-1/2 hour drive in the right car

“Mad Max” Vic. It isn’t the speed the car can go, its the speed the other traffic forces you to go. And then there are the cops, who take a dim view of someone going triple digits in traffic.

Hmmm…one thing I do not like about the GTS new website is that there no longer is any sort of link to the listing of which vendors will be there, so I really don’t know what to expect come Saturday, there are alot of layouts listed but no list of vendors kinda hurts the cause. Also there also used to be a map of the venue but that has also gone away.

Lot less G than at the BTS but I got two great deals, an almost brand new 3 truck Shay and a Piko mogul sans tender, I’ll have to scurry up a loose tender for it but it and the Shay were worth grabbing.