Large Scale Central

Exhibit Hall NGRC 2016 Vendor Photos

I was pretty busy running the convention so I wasn’t able to visit any layouts except for the pre-convention tour on Saturday and a couple of layouts on our encore day on Sunday, July10. The vendor hall was open Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Of course, Thursday was the biggest selling day as the hall was packed with Convention Attendees buying up everything in sight! Most of the attached pictures shown here were taken on Friday when the crowds were a little lighter or before I opened the doors to everyone else… Saturday was, by all accounts, the largest Public Day Turnout at an NGRC that anyone could remember! The whole 43,000 square foot hall was packed with families having a wonderful time visiting all of the display layouts and talking with (and buying from) vendors. It was great to see both Marc Horovitz and Ron Gibson with huge smiles on their faces! Anyway… Here are some photos.

Dan Smith is making the turnouts for Llagas Creek

Axel Tillmann from Tainli

Dan Smith from Llagas Creek

More photos…

Russ Miller

NGRC 2016 Chairman (Retired!)

Here are a few more photos…

USA Trains had a nice set up in the hall…

USABAGRS Live Steamers had a really nice display of some of their scratch built equipment.

It was nice to see Grandt Line Products with a display showing their windows and doors.

The Del Oro Pacific Group had an outstanding display.

I had a lot of fun being chairman for the 2016 NGRC. It looked like everyone who attended had a wonderful time!

Russ Miller

NGRC2016

Wish i was there, I really wish I could have brought the pizza.

My family and I attended for the first time and had a really great time. From the gardens we visited to the sessions and evening discussions, to the vendors and layouts. It was all very well presented. And yes, I drove my truck which was good because we came home with several purchases…So “bravo” to the Bay Area Garden RR Society for putting on a truly memorable event. And we’ve learned that garden railroad folks are all really nice people!!

Richard