Large Scale Central

NHGRS at 2016 Rockin' Rib Fest

This was a first for our club - We participated in the Rockin’ Rib Fest at the Anheuser Busch Brewery in Merrimack NH put on by the Rotary Club of Nashua. Now the ECLSTS was my favorite train show because I get to spend time with train friends from all over the country and enjoy a mini vacation. But after spending a day running trains outdoors in beautiful weather while drinking craft beers and eating all kinds of B-B-Q and laughing and joking with club members I have found my new favorite train show. (Sorry Harry) I was only there for Sunday, but the event ran from Friday afternoon and all day Saturday to. The only thing that would make this better was if I got to be a judge and eat the BBQ for free.

Here is a link to a Flickr album - Some train photos and Photos of the kids enjoying the trains. Also photos from around the RibFest

With all the things for kids to do it was funny to see parents having to drag some away from the trains…

NHGRS at Rockin Rib Fest

Scott;

Sounds and looks like ya all had a great time. Definitely a good location for you in the shady areas :slight_smile:

“…all the things for kids to do it was funny to see parents having to drag some away from the trains…”

Yeah we see quite a few kids rebelling when it comes time to leave SuperTrain or any other event that the regional GR club has a layout setup.

But ref., “… I have found my new favorite train show. (Sorry Harry)…”, what happens when the weather is not so “beautiful”. :wink:

doug c

Doug - Being the smart guy I am - If I saw rain about to come, I’d tell Joe its his turn to run the tank train, go get more ribs and beer and get back to the Tent…

:slight_smile:

Scott

Looks like a good time for everyone… great Pics…

Thank you Scott for your time a lot of great pics.

Scott you are making a big assumption I would be there if rain was predicted.

Joe It’s New England. Not even the paid weather guessers can predict anything…

Scott Suleski said:

Joe It’s New England. Not even the paid weather guessers can accurately predict anything…

They predict anything and everything, its just their accuracy is… Well, if I was that consistently wrong, I would be unemployed.