Large Scale Central

WANTED: Aristo circle 1140 & 11145

Open WANTED ad for the small circles Aristo once sold, If anyone has one they want to sell off, drop me a message.

ART 11140 - 21" Diameter Full Circle of track 4 secions

ART 11145 - 32" Diameter Full Circle of track 4 sections

I am primarily interested in the 11140 set but will also be interested in individual sections if avalable

Vic, I know its bigger then you want, but Trainworld is advertising that they have the 11100 4 foot diameter track. They are also advertising that they have the aluminum rail, and with a good rail bender, you could easily make that as small as you want.

Got lots of 4’. Trouble is I don’t have a bender. Considering buying one but at $350 its pretty much out of the question. I have some 3’ dia Hartland track but it’s ugly as sin. I’m also doing an experiment with Gargraves Flex-track, more on that in another thread if successful. Still prefer the Aristo. It works best.

You could rent a bender, ask Joane.

I used a 8 foot flex track and bent into a 29 inch circle. No power issues, only one clamp per rail!!

Bump… still looking if anyone has any

Took me months to find mine Vic… believe it or not, got my last circle from fleabay in the UK.

I just kept a search going with the Aristo part numbers.

Greg

Still looking, hoping Bachmann just might reissue them along with their Eggliner

No way… Aristo track was NEVER made by Kader, separate companies… that’s why Scott Polk was able to make more while Kader held him hostage for all the crap Lewis ordered.

The molds for the Aristo track are apparently the ONLY molds Kader does not have.

Greg

True Scott used a different company, but Kader does make its own brass track now, and it could very easily make these tiny track circles, that is IF it chose to do so, which I dont think is very high on their priorities list.

Vic, if only we knew what was even on their priority list.

Well, if you read the posts from some of the regular denizens of their forum, and from their representatives, they are not real interested in anything Aristo… the eggliners and speeders are a fast buck for Christmas.

They already have their line of track, and the Aristo circles really did not sell like hotcakes… Bachmann/Kader is being very conservative in their G scale offerings.

Greg

I know Greg, Hope springs eternal…but considering that I dont think there own track is selling well either. I know I’ll never see it.

It might be wise to just bend what you want… the issue will be when you find these circles, you will probably pay a pretty penny too, people are starting to know how desirable these 2 pre-made loops are… I have mine set up for shows, the last one was a Revo-powered eggliner pushing a Bachmann handcar.

Ran for hours on an HO revo.

Greg

FYI

The 11140 curves are $6.95 per section at Charles Ro’s website.

Bill

Bill I just checked, no joy, nothing comes up on their site

Greg, yeah guess its time to put that railbender to use. I’ve bent some Gargraves flex down to this size but I have no idea what its long term durability will be. Its like Bachmann steel track (but it doesn’t rust overnight)

Vic

try this

http://www.charlesro.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CRSC&Category_Code=GAT

Bill

yep that’s where I was at, the code for the 21" track 11140 is not showing anywhere on the site.

Vic

Sorry, somehow i got confused and thought you wee looking for 4 ft dia curves

my bad

flat eyeballs giving me trouble again

Bill

Yep 21" diameter is a mite smaller than 48" (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

It took me over a year to get what I wanted…

Greg