Large Scale Central

Freight Shed software

Many of you know that the Freight Shed interface is a converted module from the old software LSC used to run. There hasnt been a good file sharing module for this software package, until now. A new release from one of the companies that provides modules for this software has released a file sharing module that works very similarly to the old Freight Shed software.

A few caveats. The file path will change for files, but I will keep the old path working. I will need to ‘convert’ everybody’s freight shed to the new format, and that will require me writing a custom importer. That will take a bit of time. I suspect that sometime before the end of June we’ll be on the new module.

Stay tuned

Ok Bob.

Would it be possible for some of us to buy an addition to our freight shed? Mine is over 70% full. I should have enough space for me to ramble on for another year, but sooner or later it will be full.

Yes. Since its more integrated with the forum software, I’ll be able to create “Freight Shed” and “Freight Shed Plus” (or whatever) and they can have different amounts of storage.

Great news and I’m glad you will be able to keep the old paths active. It would be a shame for all the old posts to ‘go dark’ in the name of an upgrade. Seems we have seen that happen elsewhere a few times,

Sounds like a major plus. Thank you BD(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

An update. Importing the old freight sheds into the new format is a giant PITA, so I’m avoiding the issue entirely. When the new software is ready, Ill be disabling uploading on the old freight sheds. The pictures will stay where they are, just wont be updatable. Your new Freight Shed will be available at that time. It looks like sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I’ll be good. I won’t say “Have fun”.

Thank G*d, somebody knows what they’re doing around here!

Bob,

Is the new Freight Shed going to be an empty slate? In other words, with full gigibights available or will the old nearly full Freight Shed pull down the available space on the new?

Does this question even make sense to you?

Rick

Bob McCown said:

The pictures will stay where they are, just wont be updatable.

I started by using the Freight shed but have changed over to using Albums. Is that OK? good, bad or indifferent?

About a month or so ago, I lost the ability to upload pics here. I even tried copying the location of them else where on line and that didn’t post at all.

John

Ok, the old freight shed will not be updateable, I get that. Will there still be a link to the old freight shed on the menu bar, like there is now?

I would assume the new freight shed will have a link to it.

How much space will we have on the new freight shed?

Eric Schade said:

I started by using the Freight shed but have changed over to using Albums. Is that OK? good, bad or indifferent?

That’s ok. Just different. Some people like the newer interface of the Albums, as opposed to the old Freight Shed interface (which is one reason Im removing it).

Rick Marty said:

Bob,

Is the new Freight Shed going to be an empty slate? In other words, with full gigibights available or will the old nearly full Freight Shed pull down the available space on the new?

Does this question even make sense to you?

Rick

Empty slate, and the Freight Shed files wont count toward your new total.

David Maynard said:

Ok, the old freight shed will not be updateable, I get that. Will there still be a link to the old freight shed on the menu bar, like there is now?

I would assume the new freight shed will have a link to it.

How much space will we have on the new freight shed?

Yes, both will still be available off of the menu for now.

As far as space, a Freight Shed member will get 500meg of space.

Cool. 500 meg should last me a year or two. Just submit the invoice to accounts payable at the Shannon Car Shops and my girl will take care of it.

John Caughey said:

About a month or so ago, I lost the ability to upload pics here. I even tried copying the location of them else where on line and that didn’t post at all.

John

Bob, did you block me?

John

John Caughey said:

John Caughey said:

John

Bob, did you block me?

John

What do you mean when you say "Lost the ability to upload pics’ ?

Thanks for the question and answer session Bob.