Large Scale Central

MTH sound in my Pioneer Zephyr

Ray Manley installed MTH Proto Sound 3 in my Robert’s Lines Pioneer Zephyr. He did a great job and the sound is amazing(well I think so). Can’t wait to get it back. Also has the DCS/DCC control. Most of my track power running is with DCS, so this will make it easier to run it when I want.

Hi Jerry, sounds great. By the way, I serve on the board of directors of the Flying Yankee restoration Group. We will have the only operating Zephyr soon. Preparation are being made to bring the streamliner to Concord , NH for display. Your model would look great sitting next to it!

Do you have the 3 or 4 car set?

Don

Jerry, that old Winton 201A sounds like in needs a valve job. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

What sound file did he use?

Greg, I guess it’s MTH’s sound file for the Zephyr. They have one in O scale. Here’s a short video of my first run with it, weather was not to co-operative after I got it back. I am real happy with the sound and having the MTH control system in it. Ray put a switch on the bottom to go from DCS to DCC for a future owner(not likely soon!).

Does sound good, like all MTH… well you have a loco that runs on DC, DCS, and DCC… having all the options is not a bad thing.

Can you put any sound file in any of the PS3 decoders? That sure opens up possibilities.

Greg

I know you can do other sound files that MTH has. Describes how on Ray’s site. Seemed to complicated for my old brains.